Achte bitte darauf, dass Du mit deinem Thema bzw. mit deiner Frage im richtigen Bereich bist.
Die Bereiche sind: Einstellungen im Forum, EEP aktuell ab EEP7 , Splines, Rollmaterialien, Immobilien, Landschaftselemente, Signale und Schaltung, Anlagenvorstellungen, Schnappschüsse Konstrukteure, EEP Treffen , Laberecke, Online - Handbuch EEP Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung das Forum übersichtlich zu halten.
Bilder/Fotos aus dem Internet sind nur als Link gestattet. Eigene Fotos, also Fotos aus dem realen Leben, sind erstens mit Eigenes Bild als Quellenangabe zu kennzeichnen und zweitens nur als Dateianhang im Beitrag zulässig. Bilder ohne Quellenangaben und Bilder dessen Quelle das Internet wie z. B. Google ist, werden gelöscht.
  • Hi everyone

I am hitting a brick wall again, and I don't like to keep asking for assistance but I am doing something wrong with the installation of textures for this locomotive.

As you can see in the image below I have managed to install the texture for this Burlington Northern model: Aw_1:, but I am at a loss how to install it for the CSX locomotive or for any of the other models that require textures to be added. I have not been able to use the textures on version 10 of EEP but since installing EEP 13 I am at loss as how to apply them.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://s20.postimg.org/58xmwns31/CSX.jpg]

V10NSM20022 V10NSM20021

Cheers Craig : Aq_1:

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 16 Expert Plugin 1  HomeNos 15.0

• Only models with a blue name tag (in the models list) have the exchange texture option.
    (Unfortunately, I can't check at this moment if your models fall into this category)

And what can be altered and what not differs from model to model. Sometimes it may be the entire body paint, sometimes just the registration number.

Any texture that you want to apply can be assigned to it from the "model properties" window. But I guess you know that?

Whatever the original file format may be - when you assign it to a model, it is copied into a .dds file carrying the same name as the model itself.

I'm not sure if all this is of any help, though?

Still - never be shy to ask for assistance her!

• Hi Goetz

The models are the ones that textures can be applied they are highlighted with the blue tag. I think the reason the American Railroad company names are not applied at point of sale is due to some kind of copyright and the textures have to be applied manually after. So only a road name Like BN , BNSF, CSX or UP and a locomotive number is applied.

It is strange that I have manged to apply the DDS "textures" to one of the locomotives but not the rest, so I feel that I am doing something wrong during the process. I have even deleted the models and re-installed them, even that did not work

:ac_1:

This Image might be better to explain my dilemma

[Blockierte Grafik: https://s20.postimg.org/504nkh4od/BN_CSX.jpg]

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von EEPCraig (25. Februar 2017 um 18:03)

• due to some kind of copyright

That's correct.
    And seeing that you were successful in one case, I'm at a loss why the other ones don't work.

Unfortunately my PC has given up today and I'm not able to try it myself. (Writing this on my MacBook)

• Could it have something to do with Installing the models on previous versions of EEP? The reason I ask this is because some of the textures are installed under EEP 12, I had to search in that directory as none of the textures appeared in EEP13.

I understand you cant assist me due to your dying PC . I do think however that some of the texture DDS files have been corrupted as I can see them but they don't have any detail when applied to the model .

Anyway Goetz I wish you every success with repairing your PC

Cheers Craig

:aq_1:

• Nope - the different EEP versions won't matter.

Could it be a problem with the alpha channel? In that form, that it's all black (= all transparent) in your texture file?

• yes Goetz the files are all Black, I tried to to install all the models again. Now I cant install any the textures to any of the locomotives (or I am installing it but it wont show in EEP).

I can see all the TAG files and then the DDS files .. but they have no detail after the reinstall just black Images where as before some lettering was present