EEP Update on Steam released and makes the game crash....

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
  • The Steamers have been waiting for far too long for this update. Today it arrived. And boy I regret pressing that button.

I press "play" in the EEP-Steam window, the EEP-game welcome screen starts up for a brief moment, and the dialogue in the bottom reaches "Starting EEP" - then game crash.

TREND Verlag - please. I mean common...

Denn (in a somber mood without ability to play EEP at all)

Win 10 Home 64bit - i5 6600K CPU 3,5GHz - 32Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1060 6Gb

EEP 13 Expert (ENG Steam edition) Update2 - EEP 14 Expert (DE Trend edition)

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

EEP Model Files Converter, EEP HomeNOS13, Blender v2.78b, Adobe Photoshop

• Follow up...

I tried removing the ticker from the old Expert Update I bought in January, to see if the new update preferred the basic version. Still crashes...

I tried removing and installing the game again. Still crashes...

I tried installing the new update on my laptop aswell. Crashes after update on that too...

Must conclude that the ball is in Trend's/Steam's courtyard. The problem isn't local...

D

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

• How to roll back please...?

• Goetz. There you are. Now I can breathe again... :aa_1:

Denn

• Goetz. There you are. Now I can breathe again...

LOL .. im laughing out loud here, that was funny.

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't know.

• Just to put a spanner in the works .. my update has installed ok .. and Plugin 1 installed too I have no issues so far, only difference I have noticed that EEP now scans for new models at each start even though the settings are not checked to perform that option:ar_1:

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz

• I just had the feedback (from you, Craig? Or is the same name coincidence?) that EEP13.1 on Steam is now fixed.

Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

• It should do a full scan once, Craig. Not every time.

If it scans on each start, please check the program settings. There's a check box for "scan at each start".

Hanlon's Razor:

• I have checked the settings and that option is not selected and it still searches for new models at every program start . Its not a big issue for me .. and yes I'm guilty of posting on the Steam Forum too :au_1:

Craig

• Goetz...!!!

You are the best of the best.

Is there a constructor out there who can make a huge statue of Goetz, that I can place in any town square I will build in the future...?

Cheers

Denn

• Das könnte auf eine Datei hinweisen, die in Quarantäne gelandet ist.

This might be caused by a file held in quarantine ...

Hanlon's Razor:

• i have the English version. That doesn't work either. Not a language thing I think....

• Weird. Craig and I have basically the same hw config. Bit by bit. Only difference I can think of is that I'm not called Craig. And the name-change offices in Denmark is closed for the weekend. Hmmmm

On a serious note: Unless we get a new update, that installs upon the bad one, it can't be that it is fixed. I suggest that Goetz refrain from suggesting it is fixed until the Trend programmers says it is fixed and uploaded for download on Steam. One user comment isn't sufficient. :ag_1:

Eagerly awaiting that fix :aa_1:

Denn