EEP Update on Steam released and makes the game crash....

Achte bitte darauf, dass Du mit deinem Thema bzw. mit deiner Frage im richtigen Bereich bist.
Die Bereiche sind: Einstellungen im Forum, EEP aktuell ab EEP7 , Splines, Rollmaterialien, Immobilien, Landschaftselemente, Signale und Schaltung, Anlagenvorstellungen, Schnappschüsse Konstrukteure, EEP Treffen , Laberecke, Online - Handbuch EEP Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung das Forum übersichtlich zu halten.
Bilder/Fotos aus dem Internet sind nur als Link gestattet. Eigene Fotos, also Fotos aus dem realen Leben, sind erstens mit Eigenes Bild als Quellenangabe zu kennzeichnen und zweitens nur als Dateianhang im Beitrag zulässig. Bilder ohne Quellenangaben und Bilder dessen Quelle das Internet wie z. B. Google ist, werden gelöscht.
  • The Steamers have been waiting for far too long for this update. Today it arrived. And boy I regret pressing that button.

I press "play" in the EEP-Steam window, the EEP-game welcome screen starts up for a brief moment, and the dialogue in the bottom reaches "Starting EEP" - then game crash.

TREND Verlag - please. I mean common...

Denn (in a somber mood without ability to play EEP at all)

Win 10 Home 64bit - i9 10.9KCPU 10-Core 5.2GHz - 64Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4Gb

EEP 13.2 Expert (ENG Steam edition) - EEP 15.1 Expert (ENG Trend edition)

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

EEP Model Files Converter, EEP HomeNOS15, Blender v2.78b, Adobe Photoshop

• Follow up...

I tried removing the ticker from the old Expert Update I bought in January, to see if the new update preferred the basic version. Still crashes...

I tried removing and installing the game again. Still crashes...

I tried installing the new update on my laptop aswell. Crashes after update on that too...

Must conclude that the ball is in Trend's/Steam's courtyard. The problem isn't local...

D

Win 10 Home 64bit - i9 10.9KCPU 10-Core 5.2GHz - 64Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4Gb

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

• Exactly the same here. I am also convinced that this is caused by a flawed update.

• How to roll back please...?

• Goetz. There you are. Now I can breathe again... :aa_1:

Denn

• Goetz. There you are. Now I can breathe again...

LOL .. im laughing out loud here, that was funny.

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 16 Expert Plugin 1  HomeNos 15.0

• Just to put a spanner in the works .. my update has installed ok .. and Plugin 1 installed too I have no issues so far, only difference I have noticed that EEP now scans for new models at each start even though the settings are not checked to perform that option:ar_1:

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz

• I just had the feedback (from you, Craig? Or is the same name coincidence?) that EEP13.1 on Steam is now fixed.

• It should do a full scan once, Craig. Not every time.

If it scans on each start, please check the program settings. There's a check box for "scan at each start".

• I have checked the settings and that option is not selected and it still searches for new models at every program start . Its not a big issue for me .. and yes I'm guilty of posting on the Steam Forum too :au_1:

Craig

• Goetz...!!!

You are the best of the best.

Is there a constructor out there who can make a huge statue of Goetz, that I can place in any town square I will build in the future...?

Cheers

Denn

• Still no success. After reading about the fix I clicked "play" on the steam client and EEP crashed again without having downloaded anything new. So I deinstalled and reinstalled EPP. The update installed itself but the program crashes again at "EEP starten" in the status line of the welcome screen.

• Das könnte auf eine Datei hinweisen, die in Quarantäne gelandet ist.

This might be caused by a file held in quarantine ...

• No, quarantine is empty (Avira). Could it be a conflict of the English and German versions since the English version seems to work?

• i have the English version. That doesn't work either. Not a language thing I think....

• I also have the problem that after the update crashes EEP.

Upadte installed at 6:30 pm

German Version

• Weird. Craig and I have basically the same hw config. Bit by bit. Only difference I can think of is that I'm not called Craig. And the name-change offices in Denmark is closed for the weekend. Hmmmm

On a serious note: Unless we get a new update, that installs upon the bad one, it can't be that it is fixed. I suggest that Goetz refrain from suggesting it is fixed until the Trend programmers says it is fixed and uploaded for download on Steam. One user comment isn't sufficient. :ag_1:

Eagerly awaiting that fix :aa_1:

Denn