Bodentextur probleme - zweifall

Achte bitte darauf, dass Du mit deinem Thema bzw. mit deiner Frage im richtigen Bereich bist.
Die Bereiche sind: Einstellungen im Forum, EEP aktuell ab EEP7 , Splines, Rollmaterialien, Immobilien, Landschaftselemente, Signale und Schaltung, Anlagenvorstellungen, Schnappschüsse Konstrukteure, EEP Treffen , Laberecke, Online - Handbuch EEP Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung das Forum übersichtlich zu halten.
Bilder/Fotos aus dem Internet sind nur als Link gestattet. Eigene Fotos, also Fotos aus dem realen Leben, sind erstens mit Eigenes Bild als Quellenangabe zu kennzeichnen und zweitens nur als Dateianhang im Beitrag zulässig. Bilder ohne Quellenangaben und Bilder dessen Quelle das Internet wie z. B. Google ist, werden gelöscht.
  • Hello all,

I have to do this in English, as it is pretty hard for me to explain in German. I'll do the autotrans ofcourse, and all are welcome to reply in German. No worries...

My problem is, that on two of my biggest and most beloved tracks, I can't use the bodentextur painter anymore. If I try to change anything, it loops with the message "Terrain update" and stays that way. In other situations it makes my game just crash. And in yet other situations, all the bodentextur on all the track disappears. So from that point you really wish for a good backup-file. And that can mean hours of lost work.

Second issue in this problem is: When I then shut down the game without saving it, it does a "Terrain update" eventhough I don't want it. Because in some situations, when I then open the older saved game, it too has a complete non-existing bodentextur. No bodentextur at all. So this question is mostly for Götz. Is it really true, that EEP saves some sort of texture info, no matter if you save the game?

Well - I hope to get problem 1 solved, because then problem 2 isn't relevant (in this situation). But I still think it would be a good idea, if you could leave a track, and tell it NOT to update terrain.

BONUS INFO: This all started to happen after I installed the wonderful BODENTEXTURTOOL, and started importing my own textures. And it is typically when I use some of my own textures, it crashes. But not always on MY textures. Also the textures from the game itself

All the best
    Dith

******TRANSLAZIONE PREGO***********

Hallo alle,

Ich muss dieser auf Englisch machen, da es für mich ziemlich schwer ist in Deutsch Ich mache natürlich die Autotrans, und alle sind willkommen, auf Deutsch zu antworten. Kein Problem...

Mein Problem ist, dass ich auf zwei meiner größten und beliebtesten Strecken den Bodentextur-Maler nicht mehr benutzen kann. Wenn ich versuche etwas zu ändern, wird es mit der Meldung "Terrain Update" geloopt und bleibt so. In anderen Situationen stürzt mein Spiel einfach ab. Und in noch anderen Situationen verschwindet der gesamte Bodentextur auf der ganzen Strecke. Also von diesem Punkt wünschen Sie sich wirklich eine gute Backup-Datei. Und das kann Stunden von verlorener Arbeit bedeuten.

Das zweite Problem bei diesem Problem ist: Wenn ich das Spiel herunterfahre, ohne es zu speichern, macht es ein "Terrain-Update", obwohl ich es nicht will. Weil in einigen Situationen, wenn ich dann das ältere gespeicherte Spiel öffne, es auch einen kompletten nicht existierenden Bodentextur hat. Kein Bodentextur überhaupt. Diese Frage ist also hauptsächlich für Götz. Ist es wirklich wahr, dass EEP eine Art von Texturinformationen speichert, egal ob Sie das Spiel speichern?

Nun - ich hoffe, Problem 1 gelöst zu bekommen, weil dann Problem 2 (in dieser Situation) nicht relevant ist. Aber ich denke immer noch, dass es eine gute Idee wäre, wenn du einen Track verlassen könntest und es NICHT sagst, dass er das Terrain aktualisieren soll.

BONUS INFO: Dieser Problem alles begann, nachdem ich das wunderbare BODENTEXTURTOOL installiert hatte, und fing an, meine eigenen Texturen zu importieren. Und es ist normalerweise, wenn ich einige meiner eigenen Texturen verwende, stürzt es ab. Aber nicht immer auf MEINE Texturen. Auch die Texturen aus dem Spiel selbst

Entschuldigung für die maschinelle Übersetzung.

Viele Grüse
    Dith

Win 10 Home 64bit - i9 10.9KCPU 10-Core 5.2GHz - 64Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4Gb

EEP 13.2 Expert (ENG Steam edition) - EEP 15.1 Expert (ENG Trend edition)

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

EEP Model Files Converter, EEP HomeNOS15, Blender v2.78b, Adobe Photoshop

• Hi Dith,

for me it seems, that your Section with the textures is screwed up.

As you have the Bodenteturtool, you can check the texture section with

this program. Inside the menu: Extras->Check textures...

It will check and report errors, if any there.

Additional advice: Please also use the Help-Manual.

If you cannot solve the problem, you may contact me directly through

the email address (last page on Manual).

Alle the best

Volker

• If I try to change anything, it loops with the message "Terrain update" and stays that way.

The result of your surface texturing is saved in three .dds files together with the layout. Purpose of them is to speed up the loading process. But EEP can rebuild them from the five bitmaps when they are missing.

My assumption is that a .dds file got corrupted.

Delete all three of them and you should be back in business.

• Ooooh - I will try. Thx to both :)

Win 10 Home 64bit - i9 10.9KCPU 10-Core 5.2GHz - 64Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4Gb

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

• Hello again,

I'd been to busy TT'ing to try the solve. But today it happened again, so I was inspired to take up your suggestions.

Volker: When I open the Extras Menu, I don't have a Check Textures. I have...

Search Signal/Switch
    Change Layout size
    Grid Settings
    Spline Settings
    Time Properties
    Ressources Extractor
    Property Explorer
    Wizard
    Control Desk Editor
    Plan Window Height Filter

Is it hiding in there or somewhere else maybe...?

Goetz: It doesn't happen after load of a game. It happens suddenly, and sometimes with textures I used 10 minutes before. If they where corrupted in a load-file I suppose they should have crashed the game 10 minutes earlier aswell...

Today I was lucky and could open the latest autosave without issues. I don't want to delete working files on a track that is several months old. But as soon as I get stuck with nowhere else to turn, I will try the delete. ;)

Thanks again for helping
    Dennis