Achte bitte darauf, dass Du mit deinem Thema bzw. mit deiner Frage im richtigen Bereich bist.
Die Bereiche sind: Einstellungen im Forum, EEP aktuell ab EEP7 , Splines, Rollmaterialien, Immobilien, Landschaftselemente, Signale und Schaltung, Anlagenvorstellungen, Schnappschüsse Konstrukteure, EEP Treffen , Laberecke, Online - Handbuch EEP Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung das Forum übersichtlich zu halten.
Bilder/Fotos aus dem Internet sind nur als Link gestattet. Eigene Fotos, also Fotos aus dem realen Leben, sind erstens mit Eigenes Bild als Quellenangabe zu kennzeichnen und zweitens nur als Dateianhang im Beitrag zulässig. Bilder ohne Quellenangaben und Bilder dessen Quelle das Internet wie z. B. Google ist, werden gelöscht.
  • Hi everyone

I need assistance With LUA, I don't not want everything fully automated within EEP .but I would like switch a signal and then LUA would complete the task. For example in the Image below I have a Bridge crane and a cargo ship ready to be unloaded or loaded, Now I can do this with hidden tracks and Contact points but it can be tedious and if something is not exactly correct it can be annoying to fix it with hidden track. I am hoping this would be better accomplished with LUA.

I do not wish anyone to do a compete code of moving the Bridge crane and traversing back and forth. But I seem to be clueless as to where to start which code to use for starters?

would I use EEPStructureGetAxis or EEPStructureAnimateAxis or is it some other code.

any pointers would be helpful. I have changed the moving axis names into English for easier understanding on my part, but will this affect LUA ?

A big thanks to @Gardener (MH3)  @Rollipit RP1 and many other fine constructors within EEP these models would be bland and boring without their diligence and efforts

eepforum.de/attachment/11483/

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 16 Expert Plugin 1  HomeNos 15.0

• Hallo EEPCraig,

if you are the dummy I am the 101 for LUA. Looking to the LUA documentation, the below functin is for the axis of immos:

EEPStructureAnimateAxis("Lua-Name","Achse",Stellung)

Gruß

Paul

Gruß

Paul

EEP Daten

EEP17.2 Patch1 mit Win10, Ryzen5 2600, 32GB RAM und RTX3060 12GB VideoRAM

• Me again,

the next one is moving the axis without animation.

EEPStructureSetAxis("Lua-Name","Achse",Stellung)

The detailed explanation is unfortunately in German, but I would say that a web translater should give you an idea about the parameters

Gruß

Paul

Gruß

Paul

EEP Daten

• Hi paul

Thanks for your response, I am guessing I would be using both codes to get my Bridge crane moving and unloading .

Could i ask for a brief example as a starting point ?

thanks Craig

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz

• Hello EEPCraig

short answer:

I don't know your exact model

look to the Lua-Handbuch for detailed explanation of the commands

e.g.

EEPRollingstockSetAxis("Name" , "Achse" , Stellung)

EEPStructureAnimateAxis("#1_Windmühle", "Muehlrad", 1000)

and my advice:

use at first the corresponding Get commands

In the EEPMain() for constantly visualisation

e.g.

EEPRollingstockGetAxis("Name" , "Achse")

EEPStructureGetAxis("Lua-Name","Achse")

use the slider to change the values and look to the EEP-Ereignis-Fenster

which values the KON has designed,

because each KON uses different values for his models

e.g.

0 to 100

-100 to +100

-10 to 90

and so on

only after evaluating the model-data you can set your wished position-data :bn_1:

:aq_1:

at the moment, I wouldn't answer further questions, because I'm moving to bed :ba_1:

eep_gogo ( RG3 )

-------------------------

Intel i3-540 3,2GHz 8GB, RAID10, HD 6570 1GB, W7/64 Prof., EEP 6-6.1, 10-17.0, HN13+15/16+15/16DEV, TM, "Schiefe Ebene 6 + 8", "Bahn2000", "Faszination der St. Gotthard-Nordrampe"

• hello @eep-gogo

Thanks for responding I did notice that not all signals were the same and this has caused me some confusion. I will attempt to try something tomorrow night.

Craig :aq_1:

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von EEPCraig (23. Oktober 2018 um 01:21)

• Hallo Craig,

something else to consider is, when to use the above functions.

You can call them theoretically within the main function (cycling 5x per second) or when a defined signal or "Weiche" is changing the position.

Gruß

Paul

Gruß

Paul

EEP Daten

• any pointers would be helpful. I have changed the moving axis names into English for easier understanding on my part, but will this affect LUA ?

Hello EEPCraig,

YES ! the names of the axes must be precisely respected in the LUA functions, otherwise it will not work.

A few months ago I translated the LUA manual for EEP 14.1 into English. you can find it here or on my website in the download section.

Regards.

Domi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von icke (LP1) (25. Oktober 2018 um 09:41) aus folgendem Grund: Direkten Link zur Datei entfernt

• A few months ago I translated the LUA manual for EEP 14.1 into English

This is wonderful Domi

I hope I can gain some understanding using LUA with this wonderful tool ......... thanks for you diligence and hard work on this project.

Craig.

PS I will still have LUA questions this i am positive of .. :au_1::am_1: