Using the English Speaker's Corner

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
  • Hello and good day. I just registered to this forum, but need some guidance. I don't know German so I will use the English Speaker's Corner. I ran across it doing a web search, but don't see how to get there from the Dashboard of the forum (I ended up saving the link to my favorites bar on my web browser). Another issue is: If this is the English Speaker's Corner, then why is the text in the green box near the top of the page in German and not in English? Also, the forum says to direct your post topic to the right section. If I select one of the highlighted sections, I am taken out of the English Speaker's Corner and put in the main German area. Is the English section just a post in itself where all subjects are combined? Thanks for any help and/or explanations you have to offer. I will greatly appreciate it. Best Regards to all!

Win 10 Home 64bit-IntelDX580G MoBo-i7 950@3.07GHz-24GB DDR3-Radeon R9 200 HD7900 Series-Samsung 840 EVO 750GB SSD-Dual ViewSonic TD2220 Monitors.

It's a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents in.

• jwalt2065

Hello and welcome

I dont have any German either, Post your questions here in the English speakers corner and someone will help you. Just for information that might assist you , use Google chrome as your web browser and it will translate German into English .. I find it very useful reading posts in other threads.

I hope you have a many enjoyable hours with EEP as i have.

Craig in Scotland

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 15 Expert

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't know.

I use "DeepL Translator" for reading and posting in German

Ich benutze "DeepL Translator" zum Lesen und Posten auf Deutsch.

• I forgot to add Information on what computer system you have and what version of EEP you are using is very helpful to assisting with your issues. you can insert that in your signature.

Craig

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 15 Expert

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't know.

I use "DeepL Translator" for reading and posting in German

Ich benutze "DeepL Translator" zum Lesen und Posten auf Deutsch.

• Hello Craig. Thank you for the lightning speed reply. I use Microsoft Edge as my main browser and still use IE sometimes. I usually use Babelfish.com but knew there was a way to translate entire web pages. I got a popup that says Chrome does this automatically, so I just installed it. I should learn German since I have a lot of Marklin train stuff and although the Central Station controller has English as a language selection, lots of stuff on it are not translated (especially warning popups when something is not right). Thanks for the Welcome. I have a few other questions I will put in the next few posts to keep them from getting too big and keep the subjects separated. I will update my signature as you suggested. Regards, John.

Win 10 Home 64bit-IntelDX580G MoBo-i7 950@3.07GHz-24GB DDR3-Radeon R9 200 HD7900 Series-Samsung 840 EVO 750GB SSD-Dual ViewSonic TD2220 Monitors.

It's a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents in.

• Hello jwalt2065 !

I believe, you allready have changed your language under "settings" in your personal control panel?

Link: https://www.eepforum.de/settings/

Please feel free to edit your signature as well, so that we can see which computer configuration and which EEP-Version you have.

Link: https://www.eepforum.de/signature-edit/

I ran across it doing a web search, but don't see how to get there from the Dashboard of the forum

You can get to each subforum when you click on the "Forum" button´. That's the second button on the left in the main menu on the top of your screen (see picture 1).

The number in the red box displays the number of unread posts.

When you've reached the main forum page you can scroll down to the "english speaking corner".

Picture 1: Main forum button

Another issue is: If this is the English Speaker's Corner, then why is the text in the green box near the top of the page in German and not in English?

Some text banners are custom made and can't be translated automatically. For a quick translation you can use the website translation with Google.

You can copy and paste the URL of this website in the Google Translator.

Link: https://translate.google.com

Also, the forum says to direct your post topic to the right section. If I select one of the highlighted sections, I am taken out of the English Speaker's Corner and put in the main German area. Is the English section just a post in itself where all subjects are combined?

That's true, these highlighted sections are only in the german language. But for all our foreign guests we have the subforum "english speaking corner". You are free to ask any question in this subforum.

When you need any help from us in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

Greetz,

Patrick

AKTUELLES PROJEKT | Fleischmanns H0-wunderland '76

Desktop | Intel Core i7 | ASUS X99 Mainboard | Zalman CNPS12X | ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | 32 GB DDR4 RAM

Software | WIN 7 Ultimate 64Bit | EEP 13 Expert-Plugin 1 & 2| Home-Nostruktor 13.0 | EEP 13.2, Pl. 1-2 | EEP 15.0 (Deutsch) | Blender | GIMP | Inkscape

Laptop | Asus VivoBook Pro | Intel Core i7 6700 HQ | Nvidia GTX 950M | 32 GB DDR4 RAM

Software | WIN 10 | EEP 15.0 (English) | Blender | GIMP | Inkscape

• Hallo jwalt2065,

herzlich Willkommen im "Mein EEP Forum".

Zum Übersetzen deines Textes kannst Du auch https://www.deepl.com/ nutzen, aber welchen Übersetzungsprogramm Du nutzen möchtest, Antworten, Hilfe und Unterstützung zu und mitt EEP wirst Du hier immer finden.

Viel Spaß im Forum.

------------------------------------------

Hello, jwalt2065,

Welcome to the "My EEP Forum".

To translate your text you can also use https://www.deepl.com/, but which translation program you would like to use, answers, help and support to and with EEP you will always find here.

Have fun in the forum.

Gruß icke

Die Menschen müssen lernen, dass manchmal nicht nur das Herz, sondern auch der Kopf etwas verkraften kann!

(Maria Mitchell)

5438-banner-see-jpg

• Hello jwalt2065,

Welcome to this forum. Unfortunately it is mostly in German, this part of the forum is the only thread which is in English, though there might some posts in English in other threads here and there. But there are users enough who might help you in English...

Don't hesitate to ask !

I can recommend also my own website which is in English, just click on the banner below. Maybe you'll find interesting things there.

Greetings,

EepNolie

Desktop : Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - i7-4790 4.0Ghz - 32Gb RAM - Asus Geforce GTX-06G 1060 (6Gb) - Dual screen Asus VS247 24"
    Laptop : Windows 10 Home 64Bit - i7-4750HQ 3.2Ghz - 16Gb RAM - NVidia GTX960M

Ich bin dabei seit EEP 6 und benutze jetzt EEP 15

Free EEP-tools : Model Multiplier / Texture Multiplier / Registry Tool

4089-banner2018-jpg