Blender and HomeNos Model construction

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
  • Hi everyone

I have just started process of constructing a Swing Bridge I saw in a satellite image in the Chicago area. After some more research I found these images on a website.

As the images below show its just starting I am using array and mirror modifiers so at present I am just working with a very small section. I dont have any physical dimensions to work with I am attempting to get the model to look and feel right.

the question I would like assistance with is do I need to construct the rails and plates as many bridges within EEP select the rail style you are using previously. and if so how is this accomplished within HomeNos.

PS as jwalt2065 mentioned yesterday some sub sections might be useful within the English Speaking corner as it is slowly growing

Possibly a few sub sections "Installation of EEP and Models " Track and road construction Signals and LUA Texture section and Blender and HomeNos. :ae_1:

Craig

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 15 Expert

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't know.

I use "DeepL Translator" for reading and posting in German

Ich benutze "DeepL Translator" zum Lesen und Posten auf Deutsch.

• Hi everyone

After a few hours with a online translator and information I received in the past year finally I got my head round this .. HomeNos ,.,, lol .. so its reference points on the x axis -x and set z=0.3

:) .

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz

EEP 15 Expert

The post was edited 1 time, last by EEPCraig ().

• I require some direction if possible .. I am Making a swing Bridge .. I have imported it from blender into HomeNos the bridge rotates on the axis as intended. I now get an error when set reference points .. the swing bridge is 52M in length -720 is the first -x reference point and 4480 is the second I get an error here in HomeNos showing the wrong value(-2147.483648) but the reference points display correctly on the model . I have tried to change the values so the -4480 is the first -x value but this does not display correctly on the model .

I carried on and imported into EEP .. and it wont display a track .. but the 2d image is showing a track.

What am I doing wrong ??

Craig

Images

EEP 15 Expert

• I carried on and imported into EEP .. and it wont display a track .. but the 2d image is showing a track.

There is a track (as you can see in 2D), but it is invisible (as you can see in 3D).

This is a very old feature of EEP, that tracks in moving objects (such as your bridge) are invisible by default. As far as I know, you can't change that. But you can include some more vertices and triangles into your model that look like a track.

Regards,

Benny

• Benny (BH2)

thank you for your response Benny .

So I was reading the wiki pages ... (trying to) .. I did see you could assign tracks but as you say it is moving object, so by default it is invisible. I assumed i was doing something wrong when i got the wrong reading in the reference points.

But thank you again :) .. i will try and construct a track on my bridge :)

Craig

EEP 15 Expert

• and 4480 is the second I get an error here in HomeNos showing the wrong value(-2147.483648)

Hello Craig,

this is a known but not fixed bug in the User-Version of the HomeNos.
    It was almost reported at the Bugtracker.

Regards

Dieter

Schalten und walten ist mein Hobby, aber nur in EEP ;)
    Laptop Medion Erazer, 8GB RAM, GT 850 von Nvidia, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• DH1

Thanks for that information I was unsure if it was my mistake. but thanks for taking the time to clarify matters.

Vielen Dank

Craig

EEP 15 Expert