virtual tracks and triage

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
    • hi

I am new to eep I got eep 15 a few days ago.. I am trying to make my first few easy layouts ...

one of the things I would like to do is ...

delay the return of a train on a virtual track to have it return at a random time ...

it is a single straight track in the back of my layout using virtual track to loop

on that same track I would like to have different trains and also different directions

my other project/question is...

is there an easy way to create a triage yard that works ?

my idea is to have a master train that goes around my map picking up items and bringing it to triage where it would be slit into small trains delivered in town then return reassemble into a master train and send it around again as though it was returning empty wagons or new items to other towns or depots

any Ideas are welcome

your new friend

Pierre, newbee, from Quebec ,Canada

• Hey Pierre,

This be will a VERY short explanation - I'm at a party, and wanna go back for a beer, but...

The thing you are looking for, is called a "Virtual Depot" in EEP.

What you do in short is place some rails under the surface. On those rails you put a Vitual Depot Exit, and virtually connect the outgoing rail to the rails on you surface. You probably can't do it from this short explanation, but look for EEP videos of Virtual Depot. That can take you a bit of the way.

And just a quick word of opinion. Nothing is EEP is easy compared to other Train Games. But it is much more detailrich and better focused on the train-part than anything else out there. And the community in here is loving and very strong. So prepare yourself for a bit of mountain-climbing. I'm halfway to the top, and the view from here is already astonishing...

//Denn

Win 10 Home 64bit - i5 6600K CPU 3,5GHz - 32Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1060 6Gb

EEP 13 Expert (ENG Steam edition) Update2 - EEP 14 Expert (DE Trend edition)

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

EEP Model Files Converter, EEP HomeNOS13, Blender v2.78b, Adobe Photoshop