Trying to use Information Models - EEP 14

Achte bitte darauf, dass Du mit deinem Thema bzw. mit deiner Frage im richtigen Bereich bist.
Die Bereiche sind: Einstellungen im Forum, EEP aktuell ab EEP7 , Splines, Rollmaterialien, Immobilien, Landschaftselemente, Signale und Schaltung, Anlagenvorstellungen, Schnappschüsse Konstrukteure, EEP Treffen , Laberecke, Online - Handbuch EEP Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung das Forum übersichtlich zu halten.
Bilder/Fotos aus dem Internet sind nur als Link gestattet. Eigene Fotos, also Fotos aus dem realen Leben, sind erstens mit Eigenes Bild als Quellenangabe zu kennzeichnen und zweitens nur als Dateianhang im Beitrag zulässig. Bilder ohne Quellenangaben und Bilder dessen Quelle das Internet wie z. B. Google ist, werden gelöscht.
  • I’m trying to use an Information model (Information (advertising column blue) for the first time. Properties are Range = 10, Scale = 0.75, Duration = 30 and some text to display. Several questions/problems have been encountered.

First: in a 2D view, the structure appears as a square. The manual cites by dragging (shrinking/enlarging) the hatched circle symbolising the sphere of influence in the 2D planning window. I don’t see that.

Second: In 3D edit mode view, clicking on the structure gives the option for a structure contact. I did that, but fail to see how it is useful. I can’t seem to be able to display the text when in drive mode. I must be missing something, but have no idea what it is.

• Welcome to the forum!

1. There are two display modes in the 2D view, which you can toggle by pressing C or clicking the fifth button from the left in the toolbar at the bottom left. One mode only shows a little square, the other mode shows the hatched circle as promised in the manual.
    2. The structure contact is not useful for this kind of model. It is useful for other structures that have movable parts or where you want to switch the lights on or off.

The secret to get your text displayed: Move the camera close to the information model.

If the camera enters the sphere defined by the Range input/the hatched circle, the text is displayed on the screen.

Kind regards,

Benny