EEP 15 does not start anymore

Achte bitte darauf, dass Du mit deinem Thema bzw. mit deiner Frage im richtigen Bereich bist.
Die Bereiche sind: Einstellungen im Forum, EEP aktuell ab EEP7 , Splines, Rollmaterialien, Immobilien, Landschaftselemente, Signale und Schaltung, Anlagenvorstellungen, Schnappschüsse Konstrukteure, EEP Treffen , Laberecke, Online - Handbuch EEP Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung das Forum übersichtlich zu halten.
Bilder/Fotos aus dem Internet sind nur als Link gestattet. Eigene Fotos, also Fotos aus dem realen Leben, sind erstens mit Eigenes Bild als Quellenangabe zu kennzeichnen und zweitens nur als Dateianhang im Beitrag zulässig. Bilder ohne Quellenangaben und Bilder dessen Quelle das Internet wie z. B. Google ist, werden gelöscht.
  • Hello,

Hope someone can help. After using EEP 15.1 successful since purchase, the program stopped working. The start screen is visible for a moment apparently trying to start and then disappears. Tried all related advice I could find on this Forum, but nothing worked. Decided to do a new install from the CD. Before, I backed up the folder Resourcen, because it has months and months of new layouts and model's I did not wanted to loose and re-install. After successfully installing 15 again, I swapped the original Resourcen folder off my backup for the "new" version. (same name and location) That worked fine yesterday. Did some work on one of my own layouts, saved and closed the program. Today, the problem is the same as before. Start screen shortly visible and then it quits. Using Kaspersky security, can not find a conflict with that one. Since my OS is installed on a SSD with limited space, I have games like EEP, installed on my hard drive with 1 TB. This was no problem at all before. No idea what conflict is causing this. Please can anyone help? I'm a daily user of EEP to fill my retirement hours and spend a lot of money to buy additional downloads from the shop. If you like to answer and if more comfortable, feel free to do so in German. (am originally from Europe, live in the US for many years) Thanks so much for any helpful response. :aq_1: PS: The 14 version on the same drive gives the error: "can't load language file", however the "eep.Ing" file is in both versions. :be_1:

Windows 10, (64) I-8700 CPU (liquid cooling), GTX 1070 GPU, 32 GB of DDR 4 Memory. 2x SSD 1xHD

Windows 10,CPU:I-7-8700K,GPU:GTX1070, Memory:RipJawsVSeries 64Gb DDR 4 3600,

1x HDD, 2x SSD, 1x 144Hz Display, 1x 60Hz Display. Eep12-17Expert(x64)

• Hallo Treinen

Wenn Sie antworten möchten und es Ihnen bequemer ist, können Sie dies gerne auf Deutsch tun. (komme ursprünglich aus Europa, lebe seit vielen Jahren in den USA)

"übersetzt mit Deepl"

Dann antworte ich nun mal in Deutsch.

Man müsste erst einmal wissen, bei welcher Stelle EEP abstürzt, denn beim sogenannten hochfahren (starten) von EEP wird unten immer angezeigt, was gerade geladen wird (z.B. erstelle Steuerelemente, erstelle Werkzeuge usw.). Wie dies nun in der englischen Sprache ausgeführt werden weiß ich nicht, da mein EEP, egal welche Version auf deutsch eingestellt ist.

Ich hätte da die Frage an Dich, ob Du irgendwelche Updates von Windows, NVidia oder anderer Programme durchgeführt hast. Das würde auch das Problem mit der "language" erklären, denn soweit ich es aus Deinem Beitrag herausgelesen habe, hast Du ja nichts in EEP geändert. Also muss es irgendwo anders herkommen. :ae_1:

Sehe mal bitte nach, welches Programm ein Update durchgeführt hat, ich tippe auf NVidia. :ae_1:

LG Thomas

TB1

Desktop: Gigabyte Gaming X, i9 13900K, 64Gb RAM DDR5; Nvidia RTX4070Ti Gigabyte Windforce 12Gb, 4x Samsung NVMe PCIe 4.0 1Tb, 2x Samsung SSD 512Gb, 1x 4Tb HDD,
    Lap Asus ROG Strix G17 6x2,6 Turboboost 5,0; 32Gb Ram; Nvidia RTX2070Super 8Gb; NVMe m.2 2x1Tb; Win10 Pro 64bit,

ab EEP 3 dabei
    Projekt: immer wieder was neues :ae_1:

Ganz wichtig: Kommunikation ist alles, man muss sie nur anwenden. :ba_1:

und

Ich glaube es erst, wenn ich es sehe. alles andere ist nur Glaskugel. :ba_1:

Liebe Grüße aus der Lausitz

• Vielen Dank Thomas. Sorry continue in English, my German writing sucks. Mine EEP version is in German too. The start screen of 15 is trying to load but quits at the "Starte 3D Graphik" screen. Yesterday after a new install, everything worked again, no new drivers or updates were installed since that point of time. Today, it is the problem I got in the first place. No idea what is causing this. Are pretty handy with the mess PC's can cause but this time ??????????

How we love computers, any more idea's?

All best, Robert

• Hi Thomas, Couldn't fix the problem, restore points didn't work either. I decided to do a reset of my PC with keeping the files. As you know a pain in the neck and had to re-install EEP15 like many other programs. Now, 15 is starting and works. However, after trying the program "fresh" I swapped the Resourcen folder for the "old one" at the same location because it is filled with all of my personal work and models. Surprise, surprise, now all items in that folder are not visible in the game to work with. The layouts show everything, but I cannot change anything. The model explorer I use for searching, cannot find anything neither. Apparently the folder is present in the location, but not recognized "in game" anymore. Do you or someone know a solution for this problem?

Sorry, hate to ask but this goes above my expertise.

Many thanks for any response. :ao_1:

Robert

Windows 10, (64) I-8700 CPU (liquid cooling), GTX 1070 GPU, 32 GB of DDR 4 Memory. 2x SSD 1xHD

• Hi Robert,

i write it in german and have it deepl translated automatically, so please don't wonder about the spelling.

As far as I can tell, you reinstalled EEP 15. I have to ask, did you unpack the resource folders in the old EEP 15 and then copy them into the new EEP 15? There is a folder with "Resourcen" and 2 files called "resourcen.pak" and "resourcen1.pak" for the resources before unpacking them. If you have unpacked the resources via the setting in EEP 15 "Extras" -> "Ressourcen-Extractor", the folder "Resourcen.Unp" will be added.

Also my question would be, how big is the file "models.db" in the folder "Resources -> Categories". If the file is about 1.06 MB in size, then only the models of the basic version are included, then I would ask you to scan your models again, which can be done via "Datei -> Modelle scannen".

I hope that you have understood me to some extent.

LG Thomas

TB1

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Desktop: Gigabyte Gaming X, i9 13900K, 64Gb RAM DDR5; Nvidia RTX4070Ti Gigabyte Windforce 12Gb, 4x Samsung NVMe PCIe 4.0 1Tb, 2x Samsung SSD 512Gb, 1x 4Tb HDD,
    Lap Asus ROG Strix G17 6x2,6 Turboboost 5,0; 32Gb Ram; Nvidia RTX2070Super 8Gb; NVMe m.2 2x1Tb; Win10 Pro 64bit,

ab EEP 3 dabei

und

• Dear Thomas,

Luck is not on my side. Whatever I do, the old resourcen folder is not visible in the layouts regardless of unpacking etc. (Unpack folder is there too) The size is 79kb in the categories folder. The resourcen.pak has a total of 781,181k, the resourcen1.pak 4,926,117kb. Quite big as you can see. All models are in my "old" layouts, nothing missing and working fine, just cannot see anything for extending or changing, neither in 2D or 3D. Some file must be missing. There is no error report or so.I took the "old resourcen folder out of the former not starting 15 before deleting and saved it on my drive. That's the one I'm swapping with the original folder in the latest new installment.

If I cannot use my old folder, I need to start from the beginning and years of working are gone. I know, the world will go on, but..........:am_1::az_1::am_1:

Still hoping for a solution, I appreciate all you're doing Thomas, don't get a headache from this. :bg_1:

Robert.

• Hi Robert,

I don't get a headache from it, because this forum is there to help against each other.

If your file "models.db" is only 79 kb, then something is wrong. Have you tried scanning your models again? (in German - Datei -> Modelle scannen),(in German - Datei -> Modelle scannen, in English - File -> Scan models, I don't know the english version of EEP now)

(in German - File -> Scan models, I don't know the english version of EEP now)

LG Thomas

TB1

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

ab EEP 3 dabei

und

• yes, I did nothing........... See what you mean about the folder size, where the heck did those files go! Keep on looking, have another backup stored somewhere.

I did install the German version. Are from Holland lived in the "German" part of Switzerland for 20 years and speak and read German still pretty well, but the Grammar..................Thanks:bk_1:

• Hallelujah, I finally found the error. It turned out that by mistake two folders of the resourcen data where copied into EEP15. One hidden into another. No idea how but.................problem solved. Many thanks for all trying to help, you guys rock!!!!! :aq_1::av_1::bg_1::bq_1::aa_1:

• Well then continue to have a lot of fun with EEP and you can also post here from time to time one or two pictures of your construction progress.

LG Thomas

TB1

ab EEP 3 dabei

und

• Brilliant support work Thomas.

//Denn

Win 10 Home 64bit - i9 10.9KCPU 10-Core 5.2GHz - 64Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4Gb

EEP 13.2 Expert (ENG Steam edition) - EEP 15.1 Expert (ENG Trend edition)

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

EEP Model Files Converter, EEP HomeNOS15, Blender v2.78b, Adobe Photoshop