Question about EEP 16

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
  • Goodevening,

I have a small questions, which is probably not of that important. Just notice yesterday that there is now a EEP16 on the market, Great, having 15 and that seems not even one year old, I am thinking that this is like internet everytime a new version, more complicated more difficult to use, I have 8, 11 and 15 now and it seems strange but I prefer 11, Have no idea who to work with LUA or all tose extra stuf it makes the who thing perhaps for Germany speaking users and computer freaks perfect but for normal people with normal jobs, and no freaks very very complicated.

Another draw back which I found is the so-called limited versions of trains, in the old version EEP5/6 there were lots of trains from countries of Europe, like Czech Rep. Polish trains, Even Dutch and Italian trains. Now these days with EEP11-15 there are hardly anything its really nothing interested.

I know its perhaps a complicated thing, but this was going on in my mind for some time.

Rudy

• Hi Rudy

I Have to agree with you, myself being a long time user since EEP4 , I think a better way to look at it is that EEP has something for everyone for those who are creative who like to make layouts as real a possible and as you Lovingly call them (computer freaks) they can write complicated programs and can control traffic and trains in very complex ways and they enjoy that.

I think you are asking if you your buy EEP 16 or not .. I would wait for more information on what EEP16 contains and see if it suits your needs.

As to lack of models I feel your pain here .. I would rather buy models of interest to me than upgrade my version of EEP , I have always enjoyed North American railroads for a couple of reasons the mixture of freight cars you can have and at one time almost every industry was rail served, so I have 8 locomotives and 2 wood hoppers that I can buy :( so I am trying to go down the route of building my own models and bringing them into EEP.

Its no easy task and I have so much to learn but hopefully I will have some rolling stock and freight cars in the future.

Now I have turned your question into my moans and groans but bottom line is I get so much pleasure from the programme even with the lack of models.

Maybe trend with listen and invest in new models relevant to our needs, I do believe this programme would be used worldwide if it was marketed properly.

Craig In Scotland

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 15 Expert HomeNos 15.0

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't know.

I use "DeepL Translator" for reading and posting in German

Ich benutze "DeepL Translator" zum Lesen und Posten auf Deutsch.

• Dear Craig,

Well I am glad I am not the only one around, for your info, I will not buy EEP 16 because them I have to get anothet computer as well, noticed that with EEP15 as well, I was able to update my computer, but the new program, will be much and much heavier as I call it.

Although I am very good in the German language, its is still for me not the easy with you down load a so-called ready to play track, and like to change the trains in that, its like getting your driving licence, and you fail several times.

What I like is a so-called track which is made and you can add your own stuff to that, have now several done, and it Always is great to make my own little world. Making from scratch some tracks is done by mysefl, but its not that interested to me anymore.

What I know that trend would not so much invest in new models, there is a kind of concept behind, that is all I know.

Anyway I am glad I am not the only one who was a bit overpowered with their new EEP16 as 15 is not even 1 1/2 yrs old.

Kind regards,

Rudy from Amsterdam

• Ruud2210

It is a daunting programme at times but I have to add the amount of help and assistance I have received has been boundless and very very much appreciated, And I would like to thank all who have assisted me,

So if you need any assistance .. on Anything , Lua, Models, ideas on how to improve building layouts , the people who use this forum and only too willing to assist.

so Just ask and maybe your joy will return

Craig :ae_1:

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 15 Expert HomeNos 15.0

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't know.

I use "DeepL Translator" for reading and posting in German

Ich benutze "DeepL Translator" zum Lesen und Posten auf Deutsch.

• Hallo Ruud,

Het is een "traditie" dat er elk jaar een nieuwe versie wordt uitgebracht. Voor een groot deel is de nieuwe versie de vorige versie aangevuld met de tussentijds verschenen plugins en nieuwe functies. Aan jou om uit te maken of je de nieuwe versie dan aanschaft.

Sinds EEP 15 is er een kleine en moeilijke "internationalisering" aan de hand, in die zin dat er nu toch al een engels- en franstalige versie is van EEP. De grond van EEP ligt echter in Duitsland, het is dan ook logisch dat de modellen vooral daarop gericht zijn. Het zou inderdaad mogen dat er meer modellen komen uit andere landen (bvb ook Belgische), maar die moeten dan gebouwd worden door iemand met kennis van zaken en interesse. Bovendien is dat allemaal ook niet zo eenvoudig, zeker niet wat treinen en wagons betreft. Op dat vlak vrees ik voor een lange evolutie en wachttijd.

Zelf hou ik me meestal bezig met het bouwen van modellen, af en toe met layouts, en bij die laatste gaat het me meer om het aanleggen ervan dan de oorsprong van de modellen.

Veel plezier,

EepNolie

Hallo Ruud

Es ist eine "Tradition", dass jedes Jahr eine neue Version veröffentlicht wird. Die neue Version ist weitgehend die Vorgängerversion, ergänzt mit die veröffentlichten Plugins und neuen Funktionen. Es liegt an dicr, zu entscheiden, ob du die neue Version kaufst.

Seit EEP 15 ist eine kleine und schwierige "Internationalisierung" im Gange, in dem Sinne, dass es bereits eine englische und eine französische Version von EEP gibt. Die Basis von EEP liegt jedoch in Deutschland, so dass es sinnvoll ist, dass sich die Modelle in erster Linie darauf konzentrieren. Es kann zwar sein, dass mehr Modelle aus anderen Ländern stammen (z. B. aus Belgien), aber sie müssen dann von jemandem mit Wissen und Interesse gebaut werden. Das ist nicht ganz so einfach, besonders wenn es um Züge und Waggons geht. In dieser Hinsicht fürchte ich eine lange Entwicklung und Wartezeit.

Normalerweise beschäftige ich mich mit bauen von Modellen, gelegentlich auch mit Anlage, und bei letzterem geht es mehr darum sie zu erstellen als um den Ursprung der Modelle.

Viel Spaß,

EepNolie

Hello Ruud

It is a "tradition" that a new version is released every year. The new version is normally the previous version supplemented with the latest plugins and new functions. It is up to you to decide whether you will purchase the new version.

Since EEP 15 there has been a small and difficult "internationalization" going on, by means that there is already an English and French version of EEP. However, the basis of EEP lies in Germany, so it makes sense that the models are primarily focused on that country. It may indeed be that more models come from other countries (eg Belgian ones), but they must then be built by someone with knowledge and interest. It's not all that simple, especially when it comes to trains and wagons. In that case I fear a long evolution and waiting time.

I usually build models, occasionally I'm occupied with layouts, and the pleasure for me lies more at building them than the origin of the models.

Lots of fun,

EepNolie

Desktop : Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - i7-4790 4.0Ghz - 32Gb RAM - Asus Geforce GTX-06G 1060 (6Gb) - Dual screen Asus VS247 24"
    Laptop : Windows 10 Home 64Bit - i7-4750HQ 3.2Ghz - 16Gb RAM - NVidia GTX960M

Ich bin dabei seit EEP 6 und benutze jetzt EEP 15

Free EEP-tools : Model Multiplier / Texture Multiplier / Registry Tool

4089-banner2018-jpg

• Goedemiddag EEPNolie,

Hartelijk dank voor je berichti, en ik begrijp het zeker wel, maar ik dacht alweer een nieuwe versie etc. maar goed het is net als met een iphone er verschijnen keer op keer up-dates.

Mijn grote punt is eigenlijk ook dat ik vaak moeilijkkheden heb met diverse dingen LUA is voor mij niet te begrijpen, ik kan het wel vragen hier maar dan krijg je een antwoord van doe dit doe dat en hop klaar, nou ik ben geen programmeur en het komt mij vaak veel moeite te begrijpen wat men eigenlijk bedoelt. Het zijn fijn zijn als er misschien Hollanders zijn dit dit ook hebben en misschien dit met elkaar kunnen op lossen vaak door het te doen samen lukt het wel.

Ruud

• Dag Ruud,

Lua leren begrijpen kan je het best door het uit te proberen, maar wel via kleine en eenvoudige stappen. Vaak wil men direct een hele "Anlage" sturen met Lua, en dan krijgt men het deksel op de neus. Gewoon eenvoudig beginnen met een rotonde, een signaal plaatsen enz. en dan stapvoets leren.

Als je een vraag hebt kan je die altijd stellen.

EepNolie

Desktop : Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - i7-4790 4.0Ghz - 32Gb RAM - Asus Geforce GTX-06G 1060 (6Gb) - Dual screen Asus VS247 24"
    Laptop : Windows 10 Home 64Bit - i7-4750HQ 3.2Ghz - 16Gb RAM - NVidia GTX960M

Ich bin dabei seit EEP 6 und benutze jetzt EEP 15

Free EEP-tools : Model Multiplier / Texture Multiplier / Registry Tool

4089-banner2018-jpg