how to split a tain using contacts

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
  • Hi to all eep fans from Québec

I have eep 15 sence march and I now have eep 16.... I am looking for someone that can show me how to hitch and/or unhitch part of a train and change train direction in a sorting station using contact points so that it does it automaticly .... not using lua..... do any of you have a layout that does this that I could use as an example or if you have a small tutorial video that show how that would be great but it has to be in english or franch because i do not understand germand but if it is in germand and that is all you have send it to me any ways at less i well see how its done....

please help thanks

have a nice day on the rails

Pierre

from Québec:aq_1:

• do any of you have a layout that does this that I could use as an example or if you have a small tutorial video that show how that would be great but it has to be in english or franch because i do not understand germand

Here is one demo layout

and another, simpler one

There's no explanations and no videos for the demos - I'm sorry.

But maybe by studying them, you catch some of the principle?

You may also want to take a look at "Tutorial_57_sanftes_Ankuppeln" in the "Tutorials" subfolder of your "Anlagen" folder.

The main feature to look out for is in the vehicle contact.

the section marked red is where you define that you want to unhook waggons. Enter the number of waggons to uncouple and if you want to count them from the rear or front. (better to count from the rear so that the remaining front half with the loco keeps the train id.)

The section marked blue is for setting the couplers. It always affects to front and rear coupler of the train! Not of a specific waggon. So it has no purpose when uncoupling. But it is needed to activate the couplers again afterwards, if you want to reconnect at a later stage.

an "x" stands for "don't change"

the checkmark is for "activate

the empty box is for "deactivate"

Hope that helps?

"Wir hören uns aber zunächst mal an, was Katie zu sagen hat.

Die ist Expertin und die stellt uns hier die Türstopper vor."

- Andreas Rogotzki -

• hi Goetz

Thanks for the information I well be trying this out and well tell you if it worked

In the mean time

Have a nice day on the rails

Pierre

P.s. today I woke up to 10 cm of snow what a beautiful sight

• Hi Goetz

Thanks for the info ...

I got it to work by reproducing one of the tutorials but now comes the real question …

Do you know of a way to sort the wagons? I would like to build a sorting depot

For example, I would put coal wagons on track 1, oil on track 2, passengers on track 3 and so on

Any idea on how to do it?

Pierre

Have a nice day on the rails

• Do you know of a way to sort the wagons? I would like to build a sorting depot

yes, but that involves Lua.

With the help of a script, you may store some text with every wagon. At the appropriate time, you can read the text and derive information from it. So, if for instance you store a destination with a wagon, you may use it to split your freight train and reassemble it in a shunting yard.

With the help of Lua, you can also enquire the type of any wagon.

Bit before you can do any of that, you've got to learn the basics of scripting first.

"Wir hören uns aber zunächst mal an, was Katie zu sagen hat.

Die ist Expertin und die stellt uns hier die Türstopper vor."

- Andreas Rogotzki -