how to split a tain using contacts

Achte bitte darauf, dass Du mit deinem Thema bzw. mit deiner Frage im richtigen Bereich bist.
Die Bereiche sind: Einstellungen im Forum, EEP aktuell ab EEP7 , Splines, Rollmaterialien, Immobilien, Landschaftselemente, Signale und Schaltung, Anlagenvorstellungen, Schnappschüsse Konstrukteure, EEP Treffen , Laberecke, Online - Handbuch EEP Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung das Forum übersichtlich zu halten.
Bilder/Fotos aus dem Internet sind nur als Link gestattet. Eigene Fotos, also Fotos aus dem realen Leben, sind erstens mit Eigenes Bild als Quellenangabe zu kennzeichnen und zweitens nur als Dateianhang im Beitrag zulässig. Bilder ohne Quellenangaben und Bilder dessen Quelle das Internet wie z. B. Google ist, werden gelöscht.
  • Hi to all eep fans from Québec

I have eep 15 sence march and I now have eep 16.... I am looking for someone that can show me how to hitch and/or unhitch part of a train and change train direction in a sorting station using contact points so that it does it automaticly .... not using lua..... do any of you have a layout that does this that I could use as an example or if you have a small tutorial video that show how that would be great but it has to be in english or franch because i do not understand germand but if it is in germand and that is all you have send it to me any ways at less i well see how its done....

please help thanks

have a nice day on the rails

Pierre

from Québec:aq_1:

Have a nice day on the rails :aq_1:

eep 16 expert

windows 10

• do any of you have a layout that does this that I could use as an example or if you have a small tutorial video that show how that would be great but it has to be in english or franch because i do not understand germand

Here is one demo layout

[file='1638'][/file]

and another, simpler one

[file='1637'][/file]

There's no explanations and no videos for the demos - I'm sorry.

But maybe by studying them, you catch some of the principle?

You may also want to take a look at "Tutorial_57_sanftes_Ankuppeln" in the "Tutorials" subfolder of your "Anlagen" folder.

The main feature to look out for is in the vehicle contact.

the section marked red is where you define that you want to unhook waggons. Enter the number of waggons to uncouple and if you want to count them from the rear or front. (better to count from the rear so that the remaining front half with the loco keeps the train id.)

The section marked blue is for setting the couplers. It always affects to front and rear coupler of the train! Not of a specific waggon. So it has no purpose when uncoupling. But it is needed to activate the couplers again afterwards, if you want to reconnect at a later stage.

an "x" stands for "don't change"

the checkmark is for "activate

the empty box is for "deactivate"

Hope that helps?

• hi Goetz

Thanks for the information I well be trying this out and well tell you if it worked

In the mean time

Have a nice day on the rails

Pierre

P.s. today I woke up to 10 cm of snow what a beautiful sight

eep 16 expert

windows 10

• Hi Goetz

Thanks for the info ...

I got it to work by reproducing one of the tutorials but now comes the real question …

Do you know of a way to sort the wagons? I would like to build a sorting depot

For example, I would put coal wagons on track 1, oil on track 2, passengers on track 3 and so on

Any idea on how to do it?

Pierre

Have a nice day on the rails

eep 16 expert

windows 10

• Do you know of a way to sort the wagons? I would like to build a sorting depot

yes, but that involves Lua.

With the help of a script, you may store some text with every wagon. At the appropriate time, you can read the text and derive information from it. So, if for instance you store a destination with a wagon, you may use it to split your freight train and reassemble it in a shunting yard.

With the help of Lua, you can also enquire the type of any wagon.

But before you can do any of that, you'll need to learn the basics of scripting first.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Goetz (4. Februar 2020 um 18:09)

• eep15 macht mich sehr glücklich.

Ich habe es gekauft, um meinen eigenen Gartenbahn zu modellieren, obwohl es nur sehr wenige RhB-Lokomotiven und streckenseitige Elemente gibt.

Als ich jedoch anfing, meine Eisenbahn zu modellieren, stellte ich fest, dass die Automatisierungmithilfe der Kontakte schwierig war.

Wie viele andere habe ich lange gebraucht, um herauszufinden, wie ich eine Lokomotive herumfahren kann, um von dort zurückzukehren. Die Brockenbahn war hilfreich, brauchte aber immer noch Ausprobieren.

Dementsprechend habe ich ein einfaches Tutorial erstellt, das anderen helfen könnte.

Der Videotitel lautet "Automatic Terminus run-around in eep15“ (Automatische Terminusumkehr in eep15).

Der Link lautet

Ich hoffe, dass der Inhalt nützlich und lesbar ist. Obwohl das Video in Englisch ist, sind alle Objektelemente direkt aus eep15 in Deutsch.

Viel Glück.

English original

eep15 makes me extremely happy.

I bought it to model my own garden train, although there are very few RhB locomotives and trackside elements.

However, when I started modeling my railroad, I found that automation using the contacts was difficult.

Like many others, it took me a long time to figure out how to run-around a locomotive to go back from whence it came. Brockenbahn was helpful, but still needed trial and error.

Accordingly, I have created a simple tutorial that could help others.

The video-title is "Automatic Terminus turn-around in eep15" (Automatischer Terminusumkehr in eep15).

The link is "

" .

I hope that the content is useful and legible. Although the video is in English, all object elements are in German, directly from eep15.

Good luck.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von drgrr (4. Februar 2020 um 18:10) aus folgendem Grund: I was trying to avoid a YoutTube link OTHER than the text. Please fix it for me.