Control Panel English Manual

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
  • Hi George

Have a look at his thread

hope it helps

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 15 Expert HomeNos 15.0

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't know.

I use "DeepL Translator" for reading and posting in German

Ich benutze "DeepL Translator" zum Lesen und Posten auf Deutsch.

• Hi GeorgeRB

sorry I thought you understood the basics. you have to build your track layout . you need to go into "Edit" then select "control desk editor" from the drop down menu. In there you will see a grid with rows and columns each square represents a section of track and then start adding track or switches to you grid that would represent your layout. Once you have it build then you need to assign to your track .. a good way to do it is for starters is make a simple layout dont worry if your grid is too small you can add rows and columns.

let me know how you get on .. with that first and we can take it further

Craig

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz

• I appreciate your time and help.

I have built a small layout and linked the control panel elements to the track. I have saved it.

I followed you route via structures and clicked on load a control panel but I alway find that I have a pre set layout on a pedestal which is very small.

I do not see my panel anywhere.

George

EEP15

• The layout on the pedestal ist only decoration (and doesn't change)

Shift-click the pedestal to replace the radar-window with your desk layout.

Alternatively, you may click the GBS #1 tag in your radar-window.

Please ensure, that you're in drive mode when doing so. You can't do it in 3D build mode

"Wenn ich diese grauen Bilder jetzt sehe wundert es mich nicht mehr, dass mir die 16 Farben des C 64 genug waren. In der echten Welt gab es ja offensichtlich auch nicht viel mehr."

- Volker Strübing -

The post was edited 1 time, last by Goetz: example picture added ().

• And also the pedestal can be hidden inside a building it's purpose is just to click and load your GBS layout.

Lets us know if you need anymore information it can be a bit awkward at first. I have found that if you want a GBS layout more planning is required in setting up your normal track layout.

• Hi GeorgeRB

You may find the text about the control desk editor in the manual of EEP

In EEP 15 it is chapter 7 of the manual and in EEP 16 it is chapter 8 of the manual.

Greetings

Nicci

EEP 6.1, EEP Modellkonverter
    EEP 13 Pl 1 und 2, EEP 14 Pl 1 und 2, EEP 15 Pl 1 EEP 16 Pl1; HomeNos 14 (alle DEV und User)
    Windows 10 pro, AMD FX 8320E 8 x 3,2 GHz, 16 GB Ram, NVidia GTX 960 - Pc
    Windows 10 Intel i7-6700 HQ; 8 x 2,6 GHz; 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GForce GTX 970M - Laptop

• Thanks for all the above help.

I have a working control panel

BUT

It shows when a section is occupied by a train but does not show the switch settings as in a sample layout. As the train moves, so do the track circuits lights so I can see where it is. I can clcik on a switch to change it but there are not lights on the control panel switch to show which was the switch is set.

Am I doing something wrong?

George

• Hello George,

does the switch really work wenn clicking on the control panel? Perhaps you only connected the tracks with the control panel but not connected the switch itself?

Michael

35098-katalog-banner-jpg

Hardwarekonfiguration:
    Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad L340 4*2,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, Win10 64 bit, EEP 6.1/EEP 16.1 Expert

• It has been a long time since I starfted this but I am still having problems.

I can design and l;ink points to a control panel and the points switch whenever I click on the control panel.

The problem is, there are no yellow indicators to identify the point setting.

H E L P

Thanks