Advice Needed re returning to EEP after many years.

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
  • Hi,

I am 70+ yrs old and would love to revisit this programme. I have so many questions - maybe you can help?

I bought and rarely used EEP-3 many years ago and recently found it again. It was then called "Model Rail International" (Trend) .

This got me started. So after looking at youtube /tutorials etc I can see that EEP has progressed remarkably.

So I would like to purchase EEP12 or later .

1. If I buy a “preowned” disk can I then register it (so that I can install it on 2 PCs)? Or can I install it on 2 PCs without registration – currently PC 1 is not connected to the internet and PC 2 is connected to internet and is part of my FlightSim set up.
    2. My PC specs are as follows - Would these work at lower settings?

PC 1 --- Win 10 32 bit , Intel Pentium 4 , Ram 3.00GB DDR2 , Graphics GeForce 9600GT

PC2 -- Win 10 64 bit, Intel i5 , Ram 8.00GB Single DDR3 , Graphics GTX 660

Any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated.

William

• Preowned disk won't work, because the EEP registration is not transferable.

But EEP 14 can be purchased for a very reasonable price, either at the EEP store or on Steam. (The most recent version is EEP 16)

Your intel PC is okay for a current EEP version. The pentium 4 isn't up to it, I'm afraid.

• Thank you very much for your reply and advice - I am currently watching your excellent tutorials. Ok re the PCs I should be able to swap them as the Intel PC is running non demanding peripherals on my Flightsim which the Pentium should be able to handle.

Again many thanks.

William

• I would like to purchase EEP12 or later .

Dear William :)

first of all a warm (re-) welcome to EEP and the forum :)

If I buy a “preowned” disk can I then register it

In general for installing EEP from version 7 and above you anyway will need:

• the activation key for your product (the disk itself is not enough!)
    • a registered shop account

(so that I can install it on 2 PCs)? Or can I install it on 2 PCs without registration

In any case you have to register your product. I assume that for a "pre-owned" disk you will need the support to register. After registration your are allowed and able to use it on up to 3 PCs at the same time including all additionally purchased models.

PC 1 --- Win 10 32 bit , Intel Pentium 4 , Ram 3.00GB DDR2 , Graphics GeForce 9600GT

PC2 -- Win 10 64 bit, Intel i5 , Ram 8.00GB Single DDR3 , Graphics GTX 660

According to the minimum system requirements you need 4GB of RAM at least. Please note that, starting with EEP 15 and above, EEP will run only on x64, i.e. 64 bit only.

Any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated.

I would be pleased to read you here more often soon. Do not hesitate to ask any questions at any time. Have fun with EEP.

Have a nice day and best regards

Ingo

Win 10x64 Professional, Gigabyte B360M AORUS, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Philips 273V7QDAB Full HD

Windows Firewall und Defender
    EEP 15.1 Expert Patch 2, Plugins: 1

EEP 16.2 Expert Patch 4, Plugins: 1,2

alt:
    Win 7x64 Professional SP1, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, nVIDIA GeForce GT630, 2GB, 1920x1200 auf 26" TFT

Windows Firewall und Defender (MSE)

EEP6; EEP8-14; EEP 15.1 Expert Patch 2, Plugins: 1

• Hi Schlingo,

Thank you for your warm welcome. My FlightSim Home Cockpit runs on 3 networked computers (2 of these would easily run all EEP versions) in my "cold" garage!!

So for the winter I am thinking of EEP in my warm room!! But that is where the Pentium PC is based and not connected to the internet yet.

I will need the help of my friend to change computers.

It is wrong then for people to sell EEP discs if they won't work!! Or would they work on a single computer installation only?

William

• Hi William and welcome here.

I just recently joined this forum and people here are really willing (and able) to help.

Why worry about a preowned disk? As Goetz wrote:

Preowned disk won't work, because the EEP registration is not transferable.

But EEP 14 can be purchased for a very reasonable price, either at the EEP store or on Steam. (The most recent version is EEP 16)

Your intel PC is okay for a current EEP version. The pentium 4 isn't up to it, I'm afraid.

I bought EEP 14 not long ago and am quite happy with it.

By the way: which Flight Sim are you using?

Gruß

Michael

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3,4 GHz; 8GB RAM; Graka schwach aber vorhanden(GeForce GT710)

Win 10 Home; EEP 14.1

Mehr als Holsteiner können Mensch und Pferd nicht werden!

• Hi Michael,

You are quite correct of course re the pre owned disk. Trying to go the cheap route in case I don't like the programme after a few weeks:aa_1:

people here are really willing (and able) to help.

Indeed my first impressions are that this is a very friendly, helpful site.

By the way: which Flight Sim are you using?

My flightsim is P3D using the Prosim Avionics Suite. I would expect the whole thing cost in the region of 10,000 Euro :ad_1: maybe more but I must not let my wife see this post!!!

And of course Microsoft are releasing a completely new flightsim programme in a few months which will require lots more euro no doubt!!

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

Still practising with EEP3 - just got my first train to stop at a signal !!!

William

• That's why I am into EEP and stopped flying (for now:an_1:).

EEP just costs a lot less to have fun with.

Gruß

Michael

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3,4 GHz; 8GB RAM; Graka schwach aber vorhanden(GeForce GT710)

Win 10 Home; EEP 14.1

Mehr als Holsteiner können Mensch und Pferd nicht werden!

• You will be back :be_1:

My sim is really good but as I mentioned in an earlier post it is in my garage and not very comfortable in these winter nights. If I get EEP 14 I will be back in there until my friend can help me change the computers over. The computer I will be needing is currently running my ATC programme for the sim and also my charts app (EFB)

William