copying Loco

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
In the case of pictures that are attached to the article, the source must also be stated. This also applies to your own pictures, which were taken by you. Pictures without source information will be deleted!
  • Hi good people. There is a locomotive available for EEP 14 which I would like to put into my EEP 15. How is this possible? Thanks

Geejo

EEP 15

SYSTEM INFO

Intel(R)Core(TM)i5-8500CPU @ 3Ghz

16.0GB RAM

64-bitoperating system, x64 based processor.

Windows 10 Home version 1909

• Hello, Geejo.

Am I correct in assuming that you own and have installed EEP 14 and want to copy the model in question into your EEP 15 installation?

In this case you have to find the model in the folder "Resources" within the installation directory of EEP14. Since it is a locomotive, you can limit the search to the path "Resources\Rolling stock\Rail\Locomotives". (I am not sure if the path is literal, since I own the German version and have only translated the path).

If you have found the model file (xxx.3dm) or the ini file (xxx.ini) you can simply copy these two files into the corresponding path of the resources within EEP15.

Afterwards you have to use the scan function to get the locomotive displayed in the model database. If you copy the model into the wrong path, you might not be able to see it after scanning. If this happens, please check again if both files are really in the right place.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Viele

• ...and if your question is even simpler: IF it says "available for EEP14" in the shop and you have EEP15, you are in the clear. It means it is good for EEP14 upwards.

Kind regards
    Dennis

Win 10 Home 64bit - i9 10.9KCPU 10-Core 5.2GHz - 64Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4Gb

EEP 13.2 Expert (ENG Steam edition) - EEP 15.1 Expert (ENG Trend edition)

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

EEP Model Files Converter, EEP HomeNOS15, Blender v2.78b, Adobe Photoshop