EEP 16 Installation question

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
In the case of pictures that are attached to the article, the source must also be stated. This also applies to your own pictures, which were taken by you. Pictures without source information will be deleted!
  • Problem geloescht.

Ich habe EEP16 neu installiert (auf Deutsch !!!) und jetzt funzt alles normal.

Danke fuer Eure Hilfe.:aq_1:

Hi everyone, I bought and downloaded the EEP16 expert ISO and installed it seemingly without any issues or problems. After finishing the install I started it and the program runs in ENGLISH (not in German). I never got a question of preferred language, so my question now is: why.? And what can I

do to set it to German. There seems to be no switch/setting with wich to control program language.

EEP.6, EEP.7.5, EEPX4 AMDAthlon II X2 245 2.9GHz, 8 GB RAM, 4 TB Disks, nVidia 640GT 2GB FastRAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, 2x Viewsonic 24 inch widescreen HD (1920x1080p) monitor

The post was edited 2 times, last by wijnand ().

• I never got a question of preferred language

Hi Wijnand :)

you should have got such a choice during installation.

what can I do to set it to German. There seems to be no switch/setting with wich to control program language.

That's true. After installation there is no chance to change the GUI language. You will have to un- and reinstall.

Regards Ingo

Threema - Sicherer und privater Messenger

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

Win 10x64 Professional, Gigabyte B360M AORUS, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Philips 273V7QDAB Full HD

Windows Firewall und Defender
    EEP 15.1 Expert Patch 2, Plugins: 1

EEP 16.4 Expert, Plugins: 1,2,3,4

EEP 17.0

• Just in case you need to know, you can change the language at any time. (perhaps you're not supposed to know)

There is a file named eep.lng and also files named EEx_DE.lng, EEx_EN.lng an EEx_FR.

Rename eep.lng to eepsave.lng then copy and alter EEx_DE.lng to eep.lng.

This changes to German.

Make sure to save all these files safely before trying this (backup somewhere away from main file - just in case)

Derek