EEP 16 Re Install

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
In the case of pictures that are attached to the article, the source must also be stated. This also applies to your own pictures, which were taken by you. Pictures without source information will be deleted!
  • All of a sudden, I could not open EEP 16 after using it for well over a year.

I’ve been advised by my computer guys to re-install it after they tried everything they knew to do.

In my dowmload directory, I still have the EEP 16 files that were downloaded from Trend last year. They are:

P16EXPEDDE(1) Application 0 KB

P16EXPEDDE(2) Application 2,889,216 KB

P16EXPEDDE(1) Disc Image File 6,997,408 KB

My question is, do I have to Un-Install EEP 16 first , then in-Stall it. If so, what should I do with the layouts that are in the EEP 16 directory.

I assume that the in-stall procedure is to first open P16EXPEDDE(1) AND THEN LET THE SOFTWARE HANDLE THE REST.

Please let me know if I don’t have the correct procedure.

Seeking a lot of advice on this subject.

• All of a sudden, I could not open EEP 16 after using it for wellover a year.

Hi :)

do you use Kaspersky Internet Security by any chance? If yes take a look at Trojaner. Does that apply to you?

do I have to Un-Install EEP 16 first , thenin-Stall it. If so, what should I do with the layouts that are in the EEP 16directory.

marler1957 posted a guide in #42.

I assume that the in-stall procedure is to first open P16EXPEDDE(1)

Since this file is empty (0KB) that won't help at all. Start either P16EXPEDDE(2) Application by double clicking or mount P16EXPEDDE(1) Disc Image File and start the included setup.

Please let me know if I don’t have the correct procedure.

Seeking a lot of advice on this subject.

HTH

Regards Ingo

Threema - Sicherer und privater Messenger

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

Win 10x64 Professional, Gigabyte B360M AORUS, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Philips 273V7QDAB Full HD

Windows Firewall und Defender
    EEP 15.1 Expert Patch 2, Plugins: 1

EEP 16.4 Expert, Plugins: 1,2,3,4

EEP 17.0

• OK. I reinstalled EEP16, suspending Kaspersky protection, and all works fine. Then, when I reactivate it, kaspersky deleted eep64.exe.

Now, I am blocked, because AV is deleting the file without any warning, or possibility to estabilish an exception.

• Now, I am blocked

don't worry, solution is easy. Uninstall this unnecessary system brake Kasperspy completely and without leaving any residue. You do not need it at all. These security tools don't help, they just cause problems. Please take a look at The best Windows antivirus software for home users. As you can see, Defender protects just as well and, due to it's system integration, causes fewer problems.

Regards Ingo

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

Win 10x64 Professional, Gigabyte B360M AORUS, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Philips 273V7QDAB Full HD

EEP 17.0

• Then, when I reactivate it, kaspersky deleted eep64.exe

Put the complete EEP folder in the exception list of your AV.

Desktop : Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - i7-4790 4.0Ghz - 32Gb RAM - Asus Geforce GTX-06G 1060 (6Gb) - Dual screen Asus VS247 24"
    Laptop : Windows 10 Home 64Bit - i7-4750HQ 3.2Ghz - 16Gb RAM - NVidia GTX960M

Ich bin dabei seit EEP 6 und benutze jetzt EEP 16

Free EEP-tools : Model Multiplier / Texture Multiplier / EEP window restore Tool / EEP Inventory Exporter

37310-banner2018-jpg

• Thanks for all the help. I use Kaspersky Anti Virus which caused all my problems. Once that problem was corrected, everything now works fine.

One thing I don't understand, I've been using EEP 16 for well over 8 months on a daily basis with no problems.

What caused the problem to begin with?

AGAIN, thanks to all for outstanding help.

Chuck

• What caused the problem to begin with?

the problem is your absolutely unnecessary security tool. Since there are updates every day it may work some times, but at some point you will have any problem. So read what I wrote in #4 and draw your conclusions.

Regards Ingo

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

EEP 17.0