container height problem

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
In the case of pictures that are attached to the article, the source must also be stated. This also applies to your own pictures, which were taken by you. Pictures without source information will be deleted!
  • hi from Québec

to all the tain fan out there .... I was fouling around with a little project were I would load and unload containers on trains and trucks.

I placed a container on a platform (Marsberg plate-forme 2) and the container sank into the platform ... I tried other platforms ant the same happens ... it seems that the containers ... do not recognize platforms as a solid ground surface ... the only way I found to make it work is to sink platforms into the ground so that the top of the platform is equal to ground level or to zero .... any ideas ? is it a bug in the programing? if yes can the people from trend fix it please.

I well try to link the project to the message so you can see it for yourself

thanks for you input

have a nice day on the rails

Pierre: aq_1: 

Have a nice day on the rails :aq_1:

eep 16 expert

windows 10

• Hey Pierre,

Unfortunately I'm not equipped to help you. But I would just tell you, that your explanation is very clear. A photo shouldn't be required, to understand what goes wrong.

Hope you will get qualified help from some of the other brilliant minds in here :-)

Dennis

Win 10 Home 64bit - i9 10.9KCPU 10-Core 5.2GHz - 64Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4Gb

EEP 13.2 Expert (ENG Steam edition) - EEP 15.1 Expert (ENG Trend edition)

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

EEP Model Files Converter, EEP HomeNOS15, Blender v2.78b, Adobe Photoshop

• Hay me again

I tried loading the project but it well not load so I well send it to the people that ask for it by email...

or if anyone can show me how to do it on the forum email

Pierre

p.s. I usually use skype

Have a nice day on the rails :aq_1:

eep 16 expert

windows 10

• It can help if you reveal what version of EEP you are working in.

A generel brilliant idea that most of us use, is to put in your configuraton details into your signature. You can see an example in my signature :-)

//Denn

Win 10 Home 64bit - i9 10.9KCPU 10-Core 5.2GHz - 64Gb Ram - NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4Gb

EEP 13.2 Expert (ENG Steam edition) - EEP 15.1 Expert (ENG Trend edition)

EEP Bodentextur-Tool, EEP TSPCalc, EEP Texture Multiplier, EEP Model Multiplier,

EEP Model Files Converter, EEP HomeNOS15, Blender v2.78b, Adobe Photoshop

• Hey Pierre

It is not a bug.

Goods always fall down to ground level, as long as there is no goods-box implemented in the other models they are placed on.

Newer models with PhysiX-ability have their own box, so for example it is possible to stack containers on top of each other.

So you have to carefully read the description of the models in the shop to find what suites your needs.

The behavior of goods is one of the mainly unsolved problems in EEP

Some of the newer models already have implemented PhysiX-components to get the handling of goods a little bit more realistic, but it is still a wiedly unprocessed field.

Viele Grüße :aq_1:

Michael

Kon seit Januar 2018, EEP 13,14,16 HomeNos 13,14,16

i5-3450 CPU 3,10 GHz, 32GB DDR III, 2*1 TB, 750 WAtt Netzteil,
    Grafikkarte GTX 960 Phantom, Windows 10

• pierre

other way is to make the ground surface just below the platform height so you cant see it .. then it works :)

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 16 Expert Plugin 1  HomeNos 15.0

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. – Bruce Lee

Ich benutze "DeepL Translator" zum Lesen und Posten auf Deutsch.