DKW S54 190-1:9 DB elektrish Holz2

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
In the case of pictures that are attached to the article, the source must also be stated. This also applies to your own pictures, which were taken by you. Pictures without source information will be deleted!
  • Good afternoon all,

This morning I read that the DKW from GK3 now also exists in a new version (2020) allowing simple command over KP. I was quite happy with that as all my rails are from GK3 but I could not control these DKW as LUA is not for me.
    So immediately I had to have the upgrade. As all my rails are in dark wood, I could find the item V16NGK30234 with dark wood in the pictures and in the text " mit schmutzigen Holzschwellen".
    The item is working perfectly and exactly what I needed, except that the color of the wood is as if it is from a brand new tree... OK, I installed it only a few hours ago and it is on a busy part but still, I think the color will not change over time :bo_1:

So i think there is some mistake, please see the picture attached. Anything I can do about it please?
    Thank you in advance for your useful advise as I always could have in the past.

Nong

EEP 5 bis 16; Windows 10 Home ; CPU i7 2.93GHz, 16G RAM, 64bit, Geforce GTX750

• Hallo Nong,

the new DKWs are named as "Holz2". May this is different to models with "Holz". Not sure if this is an "accident"

Gruß

Paul

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answer. And yes, you are right... there is such an Spline. But they do not seem to fit the description on the EEP shop "mit schmutzigen Holzschwellen" and also the pictures in the EEP shop for this item. Looks very strange to me as all my other switches are in the dark color... maybe this is an accident to do with the .ini file I wonder... :ay_1:

Thanks anyway, very interesting remark...

Gruß

Nong

• If you check the number nong claims to have bought it clearly is the wrong texture. I'd check if you bought the right set and or if the 3dm names in the description match the ones you placed in the layout.

Lenovo Yoga S740-14IIL mit

Intel-Core i7

NVidia MX250

Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics (Grafikchip CPU)

16GB RAM

EEP 10,12,14,15

Expert-Versionen

• Hallo nong

Die DKW von GK3 ab V16.2 sind Tauschtexturfähig im

Bereich der Schwellen. Im Installationspaket sollten 2

Tauschtexturen sein. WeicheSchwellen_TT2-H.dds und

WeicheSchwellen_TT2-H2.dds .

Es muss nur bei der DKW in den Modeleigenschaften beim

ersten Lade Tauschtextur die passend DDS eingetragen

werden.

WeicheSchwellen_TT2-H = Holz

WeicheSchwellen_TT2-H2= Holz2

in deinem Fall also WeicheSchwellen_TT2-H.dds

Hello nong

The DKW of GK3 from V16.2 on are exchangeable in the

area of the sleepers. In the installation package should be 2

exchange textures should be. WeicheSchwellen_TT2-H.dds and

WeicheSchwellen_TT2-H2.dds .

It must be only with the DKW in the model properties with the

first load exchange texture the suitable DDS must be entered

be entered.

Turnout sleepers_TT2-H = Wood

SoftSleeper_TT2-H2= Wood2

in your case therefore WeicheSchwellen_TT2-H.dds

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Aktueller PC : Betriebssystem: Win 10 Home 64 Bit-Version CPU: Intel Core I7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz ( 12 CPU ) Ram: 32GB

Graphikkarte Nvida Geforce GTX 1060 mit 6 GB integrated RamDac

EEP 6.1 nur um Konvertieren, EEP13.2 Expert Plugin1+2 , EEP 15.1Expert ohne Plugin und EEP 16.4 Expert Plugins: 1,2

• Yes, Hobbybahner, problem solved.

Indeed, I have done as you say and now everything is as it should be.

A really very good improvement to my railway.

Thank you very much Hobbybahner, you have helped me a lot. And so quick.

Have a great day further,

Nong