EEP 17 Registration

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
In the case of pictures that are attached to the article, the source must also be stated. This also applies to your own pictures, which were taken by you. Pictures without source information will be deleted!
  • I too, am having difficulties registering EEP- 17. I downloaded and installed the program on Oct 30. This was prior to your official opening.

I was amazed when I installed the program not problems were encountered (had file problems with EEP 15 and 16). My AV is Kaspersky. I do have the registration code for it.

Maybe I should download it again and see what happens.

If part of the registration procedure is to enter my password, that will be troublesome as I forgot what it is. Can you supply a step by step routine on how to enter a new password.

Perhaps Trend can register it for me. Sorry to ask, but I’m 84 years old and simply not as sharp as I once was.

Looking forward to getting EEP 17 running as I will thoroughly enjoy using it.

Having this forum is wonderful and all responders do a great job.

• If part of the registration procedure is to enter my password, that will be troublesome as I forgot what it is.

Hi chucksim2,

if your email address for your Trend Shop account is still the same as you registered with, the pocedure to get a new password is quite simple.

On the shop site, hover over the menue tab "Login". There you will find the item "Send Password". Click on it and you will get a field, where you can enter your email address. Then click on the "Send" button, and you will receive an email with a new password for your account.

Greetings

Gerhard

i7-7800X (12x 4GHz), 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX 1080, 8GB RAM
    Win7Pro SP1:

EEP12.1 (PI1), EEP13.2 (PI1&2), EEP14.1 (PI1), EEP15.1, EEP16.2 (PI1)

Win10Pro (v2004):

EEP16.4 (PI1,2,3)

• Thanks Gerard for your excellent response.

My main issue is to get EEP 17 registered.

I have EEP 17 fully installed and I have the registration code for it. Only problem that I know of is getting it registered.

Should I uninstall it and download it again? I'm at a lost on this.

Eagerly seeking some help.

• Only problem that I know of is getting it registered.

Hi :)

could you please exactly describe your problem? What happens? What does not happen? I assume that you have got your password?

Should I uninstall it and download it again?

No, this will not help in any way.

Eagerly seeking some help.

If all else fails contact the Support Team.

Regards Ingo

Threema - Sicherer und privater Messenger

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

Win 11x64 Professional, Gigabyte B360M AORUS, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Philips 273V7QDAB Full HD

Windows Firewall und Defender
    EEP 15.1 Expert Patch 2, Plugins: 1

EEP 16.4 Expert, Plugins: 1,2,3,4

EEP 17.0 Expert Patch 2

• I have EEP 17 installed and the registration code for it. I also have a new password which I got from Trend using procedure that Gerhard provided. Clicking on the EEP 17 icon, NOTHING HAPPENS. It won’t open. I’ve tried to run it as an administrator, no success there either. I installed EEP 17 on Oct 30, which is prior to your opening date. Also, my invoice Kundennummer : 00021#####

0/28/2021

Bestellnummer : 004617###

Rechnungsnummer : 004545###

Rechnungsdatum : 10/29/2021

Shop Bestellnummer : 00000000615###

Purchase of EEP 17 $$$$$$

Invoice also included the registration code.

Maybe this has something to do with the problem

I don’t know where or how to enter the registration code.

The post was edited 1 time, last by icke: Kunden- und Bestellnummer unkenntlich gemacht ().

• Clicking on the EEP 17 icon, NOTHING HAPPENS. It won’t open. I’ve tried to run it as an administrator, no success there either. I installed EEP 17 on Oct 30, which is prior to your opening date.

Hi chucksim2,

regardless of a successfull registration or the time you installed EEP17, EEP17 should start after clicking on it's icon. Without EEP17 running, you can't start the registration.

It looks like your EEP17 installation is not complete. Maybe your AV program killed the EEP17 EXE files, at least other people who use AV programs other than the Windows Defender reported this.

Which AV program do you use on your computer? Can you see the "EEP17.exe" and the "EEP17x64.exe" in your EEP17 install folder?

In case of an uncomplete installation, I suggest that schlingo will give you more advice how to proceed with a new installation, as he is more familiar with this problem.

Greetings

Gerhard

i7-7800X (12x 4GHz), 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX 1080, 8GB RAM
    Win7Pro SP1:

EEP12.1 (PI1), EEP13.2 (PI1&2), EEP14.1 (PI1), EEP15.1, EEP16.2 (PI1)

Win10Pro (v2004):

EEP16.4 (PI1,2,3)

The post was edited 2 times, last by spliny ().

• Maybe your AV program killed the EEP17 EXE files, at least other people who use AV programs other than the Windows Defender reported this.

Which AV program do you use on your computer?

Hi Gerhard :)

exactly that was my suggestion :be_1: I'm afraid that chucksim2 is using Kasperspy.

Regards Ingo

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

Win 11x64 Professional, Gigabyte B360M AORUS, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Philips 273V7QDAB Full HD

EEP 17.0 Expert Patch 2

• To schlingo

In case of an uncomplete installation, I suggest that schlingo will give you more advice how to proceed with a new installation, as he is more familiar with this problem.

Is there anything different about a new installation vs the initial installation? Any advice?

I remember when we installed EEP 16, we had to force Kasperspy to accept some files that it thought were Trojan-horses.

• Is there anything different about a new installation vs the initial installation?

Hi :)

no, it isn't. First, try to uninstall EEP and then reinstall.

we had to force Kasperspy to accept some files that it thought were Trojan-horses.

Yes, this unnecessary system brake causes many problems. Please take a look at Aktuelle Info zu Problemen mit Antiviren-Programmen - Kaspersky. As AG3 (an employee of Trend) wrote the problem should be solved. However, since I do not use such tools, I cannot confirm this.

Please also read the following links:

I would strongly recommend to discontinue using Kaspersky and use Windows Defender instead.

Regards Ingo

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

EEP 17.0 Expert Patch 2