EEP 17 Can’t find model

!!! Please ensure, that your contribution or question is placed into the relevant section !!!
Questions about rolling stock, for example, do not belong in "Questions about the Forum". Following is perhaps the right area where your question will be better looked after:
General questions to EEP , Splines, rolling stock, Structures in EEP, landscape elements, Signalling system and controlling, designers, Europe-wide EEP meetings , Gossip
Your cooperation to keep the forum clear is appreciated.
In the case of pictures that are attached to the article, the source must also be stated. This also applies to your own pictures, which were taken by you. Pictures without source information will be deleted!
  • My layout, developed with EEP 16 uses the track style “Gleis1435 Schiefe_Ebane”. I found this model listed under 2D view rail tracks. Using the 3D view of Track (splines) does NOT indicate that style.. With EEP 17, I can’t find that model in either 2D or 3D views, yet know it must be somewhere because it doesn’t indicate an unknown model.

Employing the file manager, both EEP 16 and EEP 17 are located in directory Trend. Querying that directory for the above model produces ONLY found in EEP 16 but NOT in EEP 17. I sure don’t understand what is occurring. I’ve also tried using the find feature in 3D view (entering only “1435”) , again without success. Neither EEP 16 or EEP 17 could find the model using this 3D feature.

I would like to know the best method to find any model. Please advise.

• the track style “Gleis1435 Schiefe_Ebane”

Hi :)

this track is a view-only model.

I found this model listed under 2D view rail tracks. Using the 3D view of Track (splines) does NOT indicate that style..

The former surprises me, the latter does not.

I would like to know the best method to find any model.

Did you activate the option to show deprecated models in the programme settings?

Regards Ingo

Threema - Sicherer und privater Messenger

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

Win 11x64 Professional, Gigabyte B360M AORUS, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Philips 273V7QDAB Full HD

Windows Firewall und Defender
    EEP 15.1 Expert Patch 2, Plugins: 1

EEP 16.4 Expert, Plugins: 1,2,3,4

EEP 17.0 Expert Patch 3

• Did you activate the option to show deprecated models in the programme settings? It is un-checked.

this track is a view-only model. What does that mean? I’ve not seen that before. I’m using it as any ordinary track.

FYI: Using the 2D track editor with EEP 16 produces 28 styles of “Gleis1435’, EEP 17 produces 1.

My goal is to enlarge a layout developed in EEP 16 that has “Gleis1435 Schiefe_Ebane” style tracks wih EEP 17.

• the option to show deprecated models in the programme settings? It is un-checked.

that's ok.

this track is a view-only model. What does that mean?

I explained this several times here (in German), e.g.

seit EEP 15 eine Reihe von alten, nicht mehr den aktuellen Qualitätsanforderungen entsprechenden Modelle nur noch als "view-only" enthalten sind. Das bedeutet, sie sind in bestehenden Anlagen noch vorhanden, Du kannst sie aber nicht mehr neu einsetzen. Falls Du diese Modelle trotzdem unbedingt verwenden möchtest, kannst Du Dir aus dem Shop das Set Grundversionsmodelle aus alten EEP Versionen installieren. Ich empfehle, stattdessen auf jeden Fall aktuelle Modelle zu erwerben, falls immer verfügbar. Die Qualitätsunterschiede sind da immens. Zudem enthalten viele "view-only"-Modelle keine LOD-Stufen, was sich negativ auf die Framerate auswirkt.

These models still are included. However, they just are displayed in existing layouts but can no longer be inserted.

My goal is to enlarge a layout

If you really want to continue using these models, you will have to install the mentioned free-of-charge set.

Regards Ingo

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

Win 11x64 Professional, Gigabyte B360M AORUS, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Philips 273V7QDAB Full HD

EEP 17.0 Expert Patch 3

• Thanks Ingo for all your help.

you are very welcome :aa_1:I do my very best.

Can you suggest any shop models that are compatible with that track style and which can be used in EEP 17?

Unfortunately not :ac_1:But did you understand that you may install the free-of-charge set to be able to continue using this model?

Unfortunately, I can't read German.

Maybe DeepL or G00gle Translator may help you?

Regards Ingo

Meine Threema-ID

Warum Threema?

EEP 17.0 Expert Patch 3

• chucksim2

If you are using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for your web browser they will translate German into English for you :)

:ak_1:Win10 home 64bit , HP Omen , 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, intel i5-7400 @3GHz
    EEP3, EE5 (2008 version). RailroadX (Steam) Plugins 1 & 2 EEP 12

& EEP 13 .2 (Steam) Expert version Plugin 1 & 2

EEP 14 Expert (EN trend version) HomeNos 14.0

EEP 16 Expert Plugin 1  HomeNos 15.0

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. – Bruce Lee

Ich benutze "DeepL Translator" zum Lesen und Posten auf Deutsch.

• I’d rather not perform the above down-load suggestion because the models are all out of date and can’t be found in the track category.

Also, From page 104 EEP 17 Manual. There are, however, also styles of track that already have their own embankment, e.g. 'Gleis1435_Bahndamm_...'.

I can’t find this model either. I would have thought that since it’s mentioned, it would be in the track category.

In fact, I can’t find any styles of track that already have their own embankment.

Some of these styles are used in your own layouts and ideal for certain situations.

Thanks again for any help.