Railroad.exe aka EEP2 - problem on new OSes

Achte bitte darauf, dass Du mit deinem Thema bzw. mit deiner Frage im richtigen Bereich bist.
Die Bereiche sind: Einstellungen im Forum, EEP aktuell ab EEP7 , Splines, Rollmaterialien, Immobilien, Landschaftselemente, Signale und Schaltung, Anlagenvorstellungen, Schnappschüsse Konstrukteure, EEP Treffen , Laberecke, Online - Handbuch EEP Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung das Forum übersichtlich zu halten.
Bilder/Fotos aus dem Internet sind nur als Link gestattet. Eigene Fotos, also Fotos aus dem realen Leben, sind erstens mit Eigenes Bild als Quellenangabe zu kennzeichnen und zweitens nur als Dateianhang im Beitrag zulässig. Bilder ohne Quellenangaben und Bilder dessen Quelle das Internet wie z. B. Google ist, werden gelöscht.
  • Hello,

Many years ago I bought Railroad.exe better known as EEP2 Professional. From time to time I extended the layout and so over the years it became quite well developed. After switching to Windows 10 unfortunately the game stopped working properly. When I click with the mouse on any semaphore, switch or any other element on the screen, all the trains present on the layout get triggered. It was OK on Windows 7.

For today I see two solutions:

- Getting EEP 2.0 to work properly - the simplest option (I don't know how to do this since compatibility modes don't work and the VM is not powerful enough)

- Converting the mock-up to the new version - a very time-consuming activity and partly impossible to implement due to the lack of models in the new EEP (e.g. dbag 612).

In which technology was EEP2 made? Is it possible somehow to convert models from version 2.0 to EEP e.g. 15?

Old EEP2 user

• Hello pielejac,

it is no longer possible to transfer the models from EEP2.43 into the current version of EEP from version 7. On the one hand, these models are more than outdated and on the other hand, they have a completely different file format than the current models for EEP.

Possibly they still work under EEP up to version 6.1, but that is pure speculation, I no longer own either version (2.43 or 6).

Cześć pielejak,

nie jest już możliwe przeniesienie modeli z EEP2.43 do obecnej wersji EEP od wersji 7. Z jednej strony modele te są bardziej niż przestarzałe, a z drugiej strony mają zupełnie inny format plików niż obecne modele dla EEP.

Możliwe, że nadal działają pod EEP do wersji 6.1, ale to czysta spekulacja, nie posiadam już żadnej z wersji (2.43 lub 6).

Hallo pielejac,

es ist nicht mehr möglich die Modelle von EEP2.43 in die aktuelle Version von EEP ab Version 7 zu übernehmen. Zum einen sind diese Modelle mehr als veraltet und zum anderen haben diese ein ganz anderes Dateiformat als die heutigen Modelle für EEP.

Möglicherweise funktionieren diese noch unter EEP bis Version 6.1, aber das ist jetzt reine Spekulation, ich besitze keine der beiden Versionen (2.43 oder 6) mehr.

Gruß icke

• Import to version 6.0 is possible, but i cannot do anything in 3D mode. Signals are red and i cannot change any signal or crossover, how it was in 2.0. Maybe is there some option to do this, but i don't understand german interface.

Old EEP2 user

• Hello,

Signals are red and i cannot change any signal or crossover

as far as I remenber you have to press "Shift" while clicking on the signal or switch. This was introduced anywhere in between EEP2 and EEP6.

Regards Michael

35098-katalog-banner-jpg

Hardwarekonfiguration:
    Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3, Ryzen 5 5600H, 32GB RAM, Win11 64 bit, EEP 6.1/EEP 17.2 Expert DEV

• Thanks, it works. Is there any solution to override wrong set switch? Ok I found "autom. weichen schalten"

Hello,

Signals are red and i cannot change any signal or crossover

as far as I remenber you have to press "Shift" while clicking on the signal or switch. This was introduced anywhere in between EEP2 and EEP6.

Regards Michael

Old EEP2 user

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pielejac (25. Januar 2022 um 13:52)