Posts by chucksim2

I 'm trying to send 3 anl3 files to frank.buchholz I assume that all I have to do is to copy the 3 files and paste them onto

the attachments tab. When I click on the Attachments tab, nothing different occurs. I was expecting it to be highlighted or something else that inform me that i was on the attachment tab. Nothing happens when I click on Smiles, Attachments, Settings or Poll tabs either

I think I need a step by step lesson on how to do all this. Are there tutorials on this subject?

I've been using this soflware since Railroad X, EEP 11, EEP 12, EEP 13, EEP 14, EEP 15, EEP 16 and EEP 17. I continue to be amazed by its realism, etc.

Hi frank.buchholz

Since my the last posting, I found another layout that doesn't work. Hope it's okay with you to send both of them.

How do I send them to you and I assume, enclose the anl3-file as an attachment.

I had problems with the Fox River layout. Gleisplan showed 3 individual tracks in the NW corner - outer most tracks. I couldn't find them. My work around was to delete the problem area and recreate the trackage.

Thanks

Please keep in mind that I'm 85 and not too sharp anymore.

Several weeks ago, I had an issue with the EEP Event, could not find it. After repeated unsuccessful attempts to use EEP Nolies Window Restore Tool,

I reinstalled EEP 17, executed Resources Extractor and ran scan models. Hide Depreciated Models is checked. Now some of the models that were present are no longer there. I probably did something dumb and/or missed a step. Looking forward to your solution.

Gratefully yours .

I have several layouts in which I'm able to rum Gleisplan and blockControl succussfully, all producing the generated block code.

One layout however, only produces a time stamp ( no code) when I press generate . I'm using the very same procedure on all layouts.

Eargerly seeking a solution.

First off, a big “Shout Out” to Rudy for his tutorial “Railroad X: tutorial 34 : Use an image as a template for laying track”. made years ago. I used it to help create my layout. Thanks Rudy for that tutorial.

Thank you too Frank for the quick response and for incorporating DST switches. The procedure you outlined are the same as I performed in creating my layout.

A little about me. I’m an 85 year old retired mining engineer and not as sharp as I once was. I thoroughly enjoy this software and the challenges it presents. Amazing how EEP has grown with each new version.

I think the best thing I can do is to read and follow along with the manual. Go back to the basics and learn. Start with a small layout.

I want to thank you Frank and Rudy for your guidance and patience.

A little history: I wanted to use your Version 2.1.1. (able to use DST turnouts). All EEP blockControl files were downloaded on 5/17/2022. I used your layout 4 Lua file as a model. My layout consists of 27 switches (converted 3 DST switches to 12 normal switches, (made prior to Frank solving the DST issue) and 24 signals (more to be added later). All signal sensors contain a Lua function. Results of my efforts were not good. All block signals are set to clear.

My goal is to utilize EEP module “block Control”, and let it generate various items. I’ve downloaded programs: Gleisplan and Inventar on to my P C. Their saved as an Adobe Acrobat Reader file and both work fine. Hopefully that’s ok.

My question is: ----- On page 28 of manual 2.1.1, it reads “First open the layout in the Gleisplan program. Now open this link blockControl program in another tab in the same browser and click the ‘Generate’ button:”.

Is the blockControl the one I placed in my Lua folder or is it something else? I’m missing something, no idea what it is. Maybe because I’m trying to do this on my PC. If this is the case, is there a way I can save all the links on my PC?

Gratefully yours.

“Mom told me, patience, Prudence, patience”.

Mission accomplished!!!! Many thanks for your patience and great help.

I have one question for RudyB regarding Lua Rev 2 code. Can DST switches be used and if so, what entries do I enter?

Thanks EEP_gogo for your suggestion. How do I contact eepnolie for his tool. Can you possibly tell me step by step on contacting him. This is an area I'm not familiar with.

Even though I've checked show EEP Event Window in Program Settings, I can't find or see it now. It was visible yesterday. What stupid thing did I do?

Hope you don't laugh at this question.

"We get so soon old and so late smart".

icke I’m sorry about using bold fonts, but I’m 85 years old and they make it easy for me. I will make sure I don’t use it in the future.

RudyB; 1. It appears to me that you have code for turnouts that you can drive thru, is that code required, or just for appearance?

2. When I enter several lines into the Tip (such as block number, signal position, train name), they are all on one line when I edit the tip again (not 3 lines).

3. What purpose does the “Signal-Counter” do? No familiar with that type of signal.

Thanks to all of you for your help and patience.

EEP 17 – Lua Ver 2 - Questions

1. It appears to me that you have code for turnouts that you can drive thru, is that code required, or just for appearance?

2. Regarding Tip Text on your signals and turnouts. To set the record straight, I have not tried Lua Rev 2 code yet, I’m working on utilizing Tip Texts on my layout.

2a. When I enter several lines into the Tip (such as block number, signal position, train name), they are all on one line when I edit the tip again (not 3 lines).

2b. What does “<bgrgb=0,220,0>free” mean, particularly “<bgrgb=0,220,0>”. Are there any tutorials on using Tips.

3. What purpose does the “Signal-Counter” do? No familiar with that type of signal.

4. As to installation – see below.

Regarding “Gleisplan program”. Install in the Program directory or the EEP17 directory.

blockControl Program. Install in the Program directory or the EEP17 directory.

Inventar Program. Install in the Program directory or the EEP17 directory.

BetterContacts. Install in the EEP 17 directory.

5. RudyB, do I first have to install all the above before using Rev 2 or can I just modify your layout 5 Lua file with my info.

RudyB:

How do I handle a 2-way track section that has a signal at one end (wait on signal to turn green) but none at the other end (select direction of a turnout).

All I can possibly think of is to add a signal at the none signal end, but I’d rather not do that since it increases the complexity.

Is there a way to find a specific signal and/or contact on an existing layout.

For example:

1. Find signal 49

2. Find a contact that will trigger signal 49

The “Track Manager” software could possibly resolve this, but I was never able to obtain that software.